PDA

View Full Version : BRW blacktop A

JTG1
Oct-26-2009, 6:25pm
Got this new BRW blacktop from Ben a few weeks ago. It already sounds great and looking for it to get even better. Plenty of volume, bass and midrange pop in the strings. Highs are sweet but not extremely bright, just what I was looking for. Craftmanship is excellent, and plays real smooth. He does great work. I've played it on stage several times already and it really cuts a mic. Can't wait to record with it.

kirksdad
Oct-26-2009, 6:30pm
I have always been fond of the black topped mandolin, and yours is a perfect example of why I like em'......Thanks for photo.....now give some of them there sound clips

Randy Smith
Oct-26-2009, 7:09pm
Got this new BRW blacktop from Ben a few weeks ago. It already sounds great and looking for it to get even better. Plenty of volume, bass and midrange pop in the strings. Highs are sweet but not extremely bright, just what I was looking for. Craftmanship is excellent, and plays real smooth. He does great work. I've played it on stage several times already and it really cuts a mic. Can't wait to record with it.

Glad the mandolin's playing and sounding well. It's really classy looking--congrats on pairing up with that one!

R.S.

joshua collum
Oct-26-2009, 7:36pm
Man! that's a good lookin mandolin..Congrats!

JEStanek
Oct-26-2009, 8:45pm
Ben makes a very clean and classy mandolin. I love that black top! Enjoy it.

Jamie

Bill Van Liere
Oct-26-2009, 9:40pm
Nice mandolin JTG. What number is it?

I own BRW #51, built in 05. Sounded good then, but even better now.

Fretbear
Oct-27-2009, 1:36am
Gorgeous....

Bill James
Oct-27-2009, 7:19am
When you combine Ben's instruments and his photographic skills the result is art, suitable for framing. Looks like some new screen saver material.

Very nice.

JTG1
Oct-27-2009, 3:40pm
It's #91 Bill and its opeining up nicely. Very strong already.......