PDA

View Full Version : John Reischman- mandolin DVDs?

Barb Friedland
Oct-23-2009, 4:51pm
Lately I have been listening to a lot of Reischman. He has such impeccable tone! Does anyone know if he has created a mandolin technique DVD?

Mike Bunting
Oct-23-2009, 9:11pm
Don't believe so. I expect we'll find out shortly.

Ivan Kelsall
Oct-24-2009, 1:41am
John Reischman & Herschel Sizemore are the two players,who stylistically, i try to emulate in my own playing. Herschel Sizemore has a tuition DVD out that has TAB along with it & that is well worth having. Unfortunately for all us JR afficionados,JR seems to have no TAB or DVD available (at the moment).Whether he will grace us with such in the future,we can only wait & see. I for one would like the TAB for all the tunes on his CD's "Across the Border" & "Up In The Woods" - "Cazadero" especially.
As well as posessing incredible playing technique,JR also posesses (possibly) the finest Lloyd Loar instrument out there, which does help. It wouldn't however make me sound like him,but it sure would make me sound better as me (is that a maybe ?),;)
Ivan~:>

Mike Bunting
Oct-24-2009, 7:45am
I believe Cazadero is in Tabledit at Mandozine.

Chris Rogers
Oct-24-2009, 5:33pm
Here's a Cazadero tab.

OldSausage
Oct-24-2009, 9:32pm
I put the tab I did for "Up in the Woods" on my blog here (http://mandoliniana.blogspot.com/2009/10/up-in-woods.html).

Ivan Kelsall
Oct-27-2009, 1:34am
Hi Chris - Many thanks indeed for the TAB for 'Cazadero' which now resides comfortably in my PC's music listing. Having read JR's comments during his 'Cafe interview,the good news is that the whole of 'Up In The Woods',has been, or 'is being' transcribed by John McGann - i can't wait for that to come out. I'm not a great proponent of TAB,but there comes a time when in order to get ALL the right notes,it becomes necessary,
Ivan