PDA

View Full Version : WEBER vs. GIBSON:

creekwater
Feb-10-2004, 6:43pm
EVALUATION- Picked 1 WEBER YELLOWSTONE , Picked 1 GIbson F-9, results= WEBER beat Gibson by far, and WEBER a much nicer looking mandolin than Gibsons cheapie. Also Picked serveral new F-5s, results= a bunch of CRAP!

Bradley
Feb-10-2004, 6:48pm
Yeah,Yeah,Yeah......

Isnt this a carry over from another Gibson Bashing Thread you were involved with....

Get a Life.

Charlie Derrington
Feb-10-2004, 6:55pm
http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif

creekwater
Feb-10-2004, 6:56pm
YEP IT IS! I won't buy a Gibson now for no reason. Mainly because of all these self proclaimed "ELITE" no it alls here that put me down. I'll PICK AGIN ANY OF YOU, or FIGHT WITH FISTS, or SHOOT AGIN YOU! ANT TAKERS?

Bradley
Feb-10-2004, 7:03pm
Well no takers here...

My Son who is a second grader will take you on in a grammar and spelling Test though.

http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

mandolooter
Feb-10-2004, 7:03pm
Calm down and step away from the crack pipe sir...you got some bad stash and its affecting your social skills! We all got enough of it on your last thread which I now avoid like the plague! Your opinion doesn't count for much when its put forth in such a callous manner, and your credibility level is sinking like the Titanic.

creekwater
Feb-10-2004, 7:07pm
SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE LIBERAL ELITIST YANKEE!
I don't smoke dope. I do dip tobacco. I go to church regular. Like I said, I am the real thang as far as Appalachain mountain folk. Ya'll ain't thats for sure.

Guitdolin
Feb-10-2004, 7:10pm
My kindergartener can take you on a social skills/manners competition, if you're interested in that.

creekwater
Feb-10-2004, 7:16pm
Yep probably so, and thats great, and I'd be suprized if you youngin didn't win. But as far as what some of ya'll has said to me, then if I was you I wouldn't be crowing too much about that. But my 25 year old son who is a Sgt. in the U.S. Marine Corps will back me up.

mandolooter
Feb-10-2004, 7:19pm
ok, sorry bout that Creekster...I ain't no real Appalacian thats for sure but may I ask why your in such a confrontational mood today. So what, ya don't like Gibsons...lots of folks don't, it's nothing to start a war over. After hanging around here for a few years and pickin about 100 mandolins I've come to the conclusion that each instrument has its own soul and voice, just like us folks. Relax and do some pickin...it always relaxs me after a stressful day. Don't take any offense to the crack pipe remarke, it was totally tongue in cheek and designed to get a laugh from folks. I hope it did!http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif Have a good evening!

fatt-dad
Feb-10-2004, 7:20pm
To which I offer the following:

If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z, X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Never argue with a fool, people might not know the difference - Anonymous

More quotations at fatt-dad.com

mandoJeremy
Feb-10-2004, 7:20pm
Oh yeah, well my mandolin is bigger than yours! Ha Ha! Really, come on man. You "mountain men" don't need your sons to back you up do you?

creekwater
Feb-10-2004, 7:29pm
Well its about kin down here where I live. Naw I don't need my boy to back me up on nothing. It's like this guys. They was some things said to me that got under my skin. I ain't never put nobody down and don't like it when somebody does it to me. A lot of people said satuff like I did not know what I was talking about, or was lying. I DON'T LIE! I just stated what I've found out over the past year picking mandolins, that Gibsons have really disappointed me. I expected much better. And when I'm against something, well I'm against it. I won't tolerate being talked down to. I don't consider my self any better than the next man. But like my dad told me, "son you ain't no better than anyone else, but remember this they ain't no man better than you are either"

Guitdolin
Feb-10-2004, 7:32pm
You're absolutely right, creekwater. Try to relax and have a great evening.

mandoJeremy
Feb-10-2004, 7:37pm
Dude, I was born and raised here in NC and I still live here so I know all about kindred but I have always fought my own battles. I am sorry someone hurt your feelings and made you feel put down. You are entitled to your own opinions as well as the rest of us but just because someone's opinion doesn't agree with yours doesn't give you the reason to go off on a rage session against everyone here. As far as I know, no one here said they were better than you and if they did that is their own fault, not ours'.

doublestop
Feb-10-2004, 7:39pm
I'm not puttin' anybody down, but I do often wonder when y'all get time to practice!!! Just play the thang!!

Bluemando
Feb-10-2004, 7:53pm
Cant we all just get along...........if ya got 'em pick'em

BigJoe
Feb-11-2004, 12:00am
Jeff, if you don't like Gibson don't buy them. You can play what you want and we really don't care. Your confrontational manner does not deter me in any way and I'm sure it is seen as humor for the undereducated masses. You may have far different attitudes if you were literate enough to understand the different instruments on the market and the philosophy behind them. As far as expecting more from Gibson, too bad your expector is broken. If you don't like them you have no reason to be depressed, just don't buy them. If you like Weber, buy their product. They are great folks and mountain folk as well. Hope you live long in your little backwoods section of nowheresville and play your Weber till you drop from frustration with the world around you. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif .

Scott Tichenor
Feb-11-2004, 7:20am
Time out.

I'm not going to shut this thread down because someone can #always start another, but everyone step back a second and #cool off. Alot to sort out this a.m. and I've been so busy I've barely had time to look up for a week from work so I need to find out what's going on here.

Update: changed my mind