PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Jade Owners -Jade Scroll Photos?

Narayan Kersak
Oct-23-2009, 7:04am
Hi Folks:

Could you take some up close photos of the scrolls on your Jade for me? I'd like to see what they look like up close from the top, back, and also in the space of the scroll itself.

Narayan Kersak
Oct-25-2009, 10:04am
Does no one own a jade? Or is no one up for posting?

Bill Snyder
Oct-25-2009, 10:08am
You need to have a bit more patience.
Jade has not been around very long. Most owners probably do not have pictures of their mandolins, and since your original post is only about a day old it could be that the owners have had other things to do than read the Mandolin Cafe.

Brian Aldridge
Oct-25-2009, 10:31am
there are some good Jade pics here
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/group.php?gid=2208393664&v=photos

Payit Forward
Oct-25-2009, 10:46am
These aren't mine, but they are photos I had on my computer. I don't remember where I got them.

Tracy Ballinger
Oct-25-2009, 3:33pm
Brian posted the link to my Jade on Facebook (bottom 5 pics); if you need additional pics please let me know and I'd be happy to take some more.

Narayan Kersak
Oct-26-2009, 7:09am
that looks like some pretty clean scroll work. Looking forward to seeing some more.

Hans_k
Nov-01-2009, 5:10am
These aren't mine, but they are photos I had on my computer. I don't remember where I got them.

The one in the middle definitely is mine. I will post some more pictures in a day or two

Scott Tichenor
Nov-01-2009, 9:45am
I question whether Jade is even in business these days. Their web site has been gone for a considerable amount of time and I finally removed it (the link) from the builder database. I've emailed the owner of the company as well as someone known in the past to sell their instruments. No reply from either one. Curious way to run a business, albeit one based in Texas run by a single individual where the builders are on the other side of the planet. I have no problem with that concept, but when your communication disappears, my experience is everything else goes with it.

G. Fisher
Nov-01-2009, 10:46am
I wonder if Jade mandolins where possibly a hobby style venture and do to the economic climate they had to close up shop.

JimBo113
Nov-01-2009, 6:17pm
Oh no.... I would just hate if that happened.... My Jade is a great player even if the owner isn't

Hans_k
Nov-02-2009, 3:04am
It would be a shame if that were the case. But it could probably be true. In the past Bob McRee was very reliable in replying e-mails. My last question (7-8-2009) didn't get a response. Too bad because my Jade really is a fine instrument. I hope something else is wrong and he will be back in business in a while.

Hans_k
Nov-02-2009, 5:15am
Here are some pics of my Jade

Anglocelt
Nov-02-2009, 7:30am
I question whether Jade is even in business these days. Their web site has been gone for a considerable amount of time and I finally removed it (the link) from the builder database. I've emailed the owner of the company as well as someone known in the past to sell their instruments. No reply from either one. Curious way to run a business, albeit one based in Texas run by a single individual where the builders are on the other side of the planet. I have no problem with that concept, but when your communication disappears, my experience is everything else goes with it.

Seeing those nice photos of Jades is frustrating for me, but the info about lack of communication is also an issue. I have tried all the email addresses I can find for Bob and I have not been able to get a response. I have not heard anything from him since he thanked me for my deposit for a Jade mandolin more than a year ago!

If Bob is still out there or if anyone can find a working contact address I would be very grateful to hear about it.

Kevin

A 4
Nov-02-2009, 1:42pm
... If Bob is still out there or if anyone can find a working contact address I would be very grateful to hear about it.

Kevin

Have you tried the phone numbers that used to be on Jade website contact page? I don't want to post phone numbers here, but a google search for "contact site:www.jademandolins.com" will give you a list of results. The links won't take you anywhere but if you click on the "Cached" link under the first result, phone numbers will appear. I've never called China, so maybe it's hard to make a call.

I hope Bob/Jade is still making mandolins, because I want to buy one.

A4

Capt. E
Nov-02-2009, 2:13pm
I know that mandolins were Bob McRee's sideline in China. He mainly worked in another enterprise. Perhaps it went under or he was laid off. It would be good to know what happened.

Caleb
Nov-02-2009, 3:41pm
I also noticed the site was gone. But if memory serves, someone here was helping him get it up and going, and was responsible for uploading photos and other information there, etc. I cannot remember who that member was though. If Jade has gone the way of the dinosaur, all the owners of Jades have a nice little piece of (very brief) mandolin history.

Hans_k
Nov-03-2009, 6:55am
I also noticed the site was gone. But if memory serves, someone here was helping him get it up and going, and was responsible for uploading photos and other information there, etc. I cannot remember who that member was though.
Rick Cadger from the UK helped Bob with the site. I found the thread on the mandolincafé: http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44473 Maybe he can help us with this....

JEStanek
Nov-06-2009, 8:25pm
GuitarCrazyo,
Are you cross posting onto another forum?

Jamie

texasmandolion
Nov-13-2009, 10:38am
I too have tried to contact Bob with no avail. Not sure what has happened to him. If he has really closed shop, that would be a huge loss to the mando world... I have really enjoyed my Custom build. I wonder what that will do to the value???