PDA

View Full Version : My Stratton mandolin

joshua collum
Oct-22-2009, 6:03pm
I just purchased this mandolin from a local music store here in Portland. It's made by Stephen Stratton a local guitar builder. This was his first mandolin build. It was strung up about a month ago and I have been playing it non-stop since I got it on Tuesday. The mando is opening up nicely! Stephen informed me that he recieved mandolin building information from his neighbor and friend John Sullivan and that he plans on keeping mandolin building alive in the neighborhood. I can't wait to see more from him in the future...I also purchased the awesome mandolin strap from Lacota Leathers. Highly recommended. Thanks for looking......

Bogle
Oct-22-2009, 7:22pm
That is a stunning mando, Joshua......unique and beautiful peghead motif too. Did you purchase it at Pioneer?

joshua collum
Oct-22-2009, 7:36pm
Yes I did, What a deal huh? Thanks-

JEStanek
Oct-22-2009, 7:38pm
Nice. He had quite a mentor in John Sullivan.

Jamie

joshua collum
Oct-22-2009, 7:56pm
Indeed, It's really special to me. I had the opportunity to assist Patty Sullivan and Bruce Harvey in the Sullivan wood auction. So finding out that Stephen Stratton knew John makes it a little more full circle for me. Thanks-

grassrootphilosopher
Oct-23-2009, 5:01am
Looks like fun. Any soundclips/video?

Skip Kelley
Oct-23-2009, 6:16am
Joshua, that mandolin looks awesome! Congratulations!

Lakota Leathers
Oct-23-2009, 12:37pm
Hey Josh, and all you mandolin guys out there!
Kenny Bohling here, founder of Lakota Leathers. Just wanted to say that your new mando looks AWESOME< and that new strap isn't too shabby either! Just wanted to correct you on the spelling of our company name in case anyone was interested in checking them out.. it's Lakota Leathers, and our website can be found at www.lakotaleathers.com thanks so much! KB

joshua collum
Oct-23-2009, 12:55pm
Oh man! Sorry bout that Kenny!...I love the strap,very comfortable and soft. Thanks again. Olaf, I might try to get some video uploaded from my phone.. Skip, Thanks. I'm a happy camper!

joshua collum
Oct-26-2009, 4:39pm
I posted a couple videos on you tube. Just type in "joshua collum" and they should come up. I couldn't figure out how to post them to this thread. Thanks..!

stratton7584
Oct-27-2009, 3:44pm
hey how much did you give for this mando if you dont mind me asking?

Tracy Ballinger
Oct-27-2009, 6:11pm
Here's one. =o)

qq46cMeLWI8

joshua collum
Oct-27-2009, 8:40pm
Thanks Tracy. I appreciate it.