PDA

View Full Version : My new Gypsy mandolin...!!!

Mandoistic_NC
Oct-17-2009, 6:11pm
Hi friends...

I wanted to post pics of my new Gypsy mandolin...

Walt at Gypsy Music was great to work with...and fixed this beauty just right for me. A nice earthy look in my opinion. It has a rosewood back and spruce top. It has a glowing sustain, warm percussive sound with a nice clear bite on the upper strings, and plays easy up the fingerboard. I am well pleased!!!

.. Ken in Spruce Pine, NC

David Lloyd
Oct-17-2009, 6:38pm
Looks Great!
Play something for us :)

chasray
Oct-17-2009, 6:43pm
Congratulations! I like that rosewood.
It's a pleasure to have an instrument that plays easy.
Now have some fun.

JEStanek
Oct-18-2009, 11:23am
Congrats and enjoy it. Those JM11 strings warm it up too!

Jamie

Ken Olmstead
Oct-18-2009, 12:22pm
Very Nice!

aj.cohan
Jan-24-2012, 1:18pm
Hi friends...

I wanted to post pics of my new Gypsy mandolin...

Walt at Gypsy Music was great to work with...and fixed this beauty just right for me. A nice earthy look in my opinion. It has a rosewood back and spruce top. It has a glowing sustain, warm percussive sound with a nice clear bite on the upper strings, and plays easy up the fingerboard. I am well pleased!!!

.. Ken in Spruce Pine, NC

I just got a new mandolin in from Walt, and I am extremely happy with it's resonant, harp-like tones. Walt also makes harps, so I guess that figures. Great sustain and volume.
Walt made it for me with black walnut back and sides, spruce top, and a mahogany neck. I asked him to use hide glue, and he did. The teardrop body, and radiused fingerboard were extra. He used hide glue at my request. Probably one of the best instruments in it's price-range (under $2000). It's the kind of instrument that makes you want to practice.

Alan in Santa Fe

Walt Kuhlman
Jan-26-2012, 9:20am
Thanks Alan! Here is a photo of your mandolin.