PDA

View Full Version : Simple Tabs for Amazing Grace

Bobby G
Aug-28-2004, 6:23am
I know they are out there. #I have a few books such as Flat Pickin the Gospels. #But no Amazing Grace.

levin4now
Aug-28-2004, 6:48am
Do you use the free TefView program? I have a tef file for it. I either got it from mandozine.com or alltabs.com.

I will try to attach it. If it doesn't work, you can look it up at either site. It has a lot of tremelo in it, but look at the individual notes and its simple.

Bobby G
Aug-28-2004, 6:55am
Thanks a bunch, I think it will work. bobby

c3hammer
Aug-28-2004, 3:52pm
I you go to the main Mandolin Cafe page and search for amazing grace, there is a link to an MP3 version from Bobby Clark and a guitar player at their local church.

It is the best version I've ever heard. It's in the Key of E, but I'm a rank newbie and was easily able to transscribe the A version to E by ear.

I highly recomend that you find it and have a listen. It's a good one just for your music collection.

Cheers,
Pete

JGWoods
Aug-28-2004, 5:21pm
Roland White (http://www.rolandwhite.com/bluegrassmandolin.htm) Has two very nice versions in his book.

The book is a winner.
I have no financial interest yada yada

best
gwoods

Martin Jonas
Aug-28-2004, 5:55pm
I've been playing that Mandozine tremolo version for about a year now and it's both dead easy and very effective: the double-stopped harmonies fall beautifully under the fingers and add another dimension compared to a pure melody line tab. Highly recommended.

Martin