PDA

View Full Version : 2009 IBMA Awards Winners

NewsFetcher
Oct-02-2009, 6:31am
2009 IBMA Awards Winners
http://www.mandolincafe.com/news/publish/mandolins_001135.shtml

Jesse Brock was named IBMA's Mandolin Player of the Year, while Dailey & Vincent picked up Entertainer of the Year for the second consecutive year at the 20th Annual International Bluegrass Music Awards, held at the historic Ryman Auditorium.

NOTE: You may use your board membership to comment on news articles published by the Mandolin Cafe. Your comments will appear here and also will be appended to the end of the news article for public viewing. Standard board membership posting guidelines apply. Note that the addition of images, videos, links and other coding is turned OFF for this area.

Red Henry
Oct-02-2009, 7:21am
Murphy has just told me that our friend, picking buddy, and Murphy Method DVD instructor Marshall Wilborn won IBMA "Bass Player of the Year!" -- It couldn't have happened to a finer person (or a better bass player). And Jesse Brock won recognition for his fine musicianship and great mandolin playing as Mandopicker of the Year! CONGRATULATIONS, MARSHALL AND JESSE!

Red

re simmers
Oct-02-2009, 6:54pm
I don't get to see & hear every band throughout the year, but I'm shocked that Mountain Heart and Cherryholmes were not nominated for Entertainer of Year. Both bands put on a tremendous stage show.

I can't take anything away from Dailey & Vincent for winning.

Marshall has always been a super bass player and an under-rated singer.

Bob

swampstomper
Oct-03-2009, 5:50am
I'm really happy to see Jesse Brock win mandolinist of the year. He has a personal approach to mandolin that seems to perfectly complement whoever he's working with, combined with gorgeous tone and attack. That Flamekeeper band is so hot while at the same time the epitome of taste. And for vocals, who is ever going to top Dailey & Vincent in this style of music? It is nice to see the Dillards get the recognition they so richly deserve -- they were real ambassadors for BG in places it hadn't been, while serving up the unadulterated hard stuff. Dean Webb is well worth a listen again.