PDA

View Full Version : OK, now yet another amp question

fredhicks
Oct-01-2009, 12:11pm
Now that I hopefully don't have to coach sports this year (track unfortunately is still open and I have coached it many many times)...for some reason my 6th grade seminar kids think I am amazing on the mandolin (Pugnani has never had such an audience). They also think the Mann 5 string is really cool as well. I even have one kid and his mom thinking about learning.....I was thinking about buying one of those really cheap really small amps that I saw on Musiciansfriend for $25-50 or so. The Honeytone didn't seem to get much of a review, but a couple others were spoken fairly well of. Any recommendations?

mandroid
Oct-01-2009, 12:41pm
rock n roll or clean acoustic signal? lots of those little ones assume the buyer wants to rock out.

fredhicks
Oct-01-2009, 12:48pm
Oops, sorry about that. Clean/acoustic sound please. Just a reasonably decent sound.....I mean, for the price you aren't going to get much.

WRANGLERTBONE
Oct-20-2009, 7:29pm
Check out the little Roland micro cube bass amp. Pretty inexpensive, very clean. I'm using a Roland AC-60 with a Kentucky KM300E I just got, and it sounds very nice, too, but weights a bit more.

mandroid
Oct-21-2009, 11:59am
the smallest micro cube has a switch position for microphone. (1/4" so dynamic type)
[and the others are amp simulators for various tube amps]