PDA

View Full Version : Another Mowry Home Run!

Bill James
Sep-23-2009, 8:00am
Andrew sent this to me (the image, not the mandolin). When I told him he should post it on the cafe he said he didn't want to seem like a shmuck and post all of his new instruments on the cafe so...I'll be the schmuck :).

Maybe Andrew or the new owner will post a few more images of it.

JEStanek
Sep-23-2009, 8:01am
Yow! Very cool. Thanks, Bill (and by extension, Andrew). Hope the new owner is totally in love with it.

Jamie

amowry
Sep-23-2009, 10:04am
Aw, shucks. Thanks Bill!

That's a custom version of Bill's tailpiece, which he was kind enough to help me execute for my customer.

Darryl Wolfe
Sep-23-2009, 11:03am
Tell us about that piece of wood used for the top-it almost looks synthetic it is so perfect

amowry
Sep-23-2009, 11:23am
Darryl, that's engelmann, from B.C. It is interesting-- it's very close grained, but the grain lines are not at all prominent. I think part of that is the lighting in that photo, too.

Timleo
Sep-23-2009, 11:46am
The more I see of Mowry's stuff on this forum, the more I am starting to see my next mando investment (however far down the line that is lol)

Stunning work in my opinion.

Fred G
Sep-23-2009, 11:51am
sweeet!

Brad Weiss
Sep-26-2009, 4:31pm
Just played this one today - another knock-out, Andrew!

Bruce Clausen
Sep-26-2009, 5:41pm
Home run, knockout, and touchdown!

BC

Paul Richmond
Sep-28-2009, 4:02pm
Thanks to Andrew for this amazing mandolin. It's a firecracker! Also, Bill I appreciate your tailpiece - great work, it really adds to the overall vibe.

BlueMt.
Sep-28-2009, 4:15pm
Paul, What a beautiful mandolin. That's a very attractive and unusual headstock inlay; your design? significance? Enjoy it in good health.

Paul Richmond
Sep-28-2009, 4:54pm
Eric,Thanks - The inlay design was a collaborative effort initiated by an artist friend of mine and Andrews adept skills with proportion and symmetry. It's a gate with a mountain and sun behind it which symbolizes life's journey (in this case a musical one).
Paul