PDA

View Full Version : Questions for social group use

Barbara Shultz
Sep-17-2009, 10:46am
Scott, members of one of the social groups that I 'maintain' want to know if it's possible to reverse the order of the discussions, so that the most recent post is first. Just asking! Thanks!

JEStanek
Sep-17-2009, 11:53am
Barbara,
I think if the users click the Last Post column header it will sort them that way for you. Scott may (or not) be able to configure it to a default that way. But Clicking Last Post seems to do it (but you may have to do it each time you enter the Groups forum).

Jamie

Barbara Shultz
Sep-17-2009, 12:33pm
Jamie, thanks for the answer, but seems I've misunderstood the question posed to me! Instead of that, what we are wanting is for there to be a link to click on to the next page, at the top of the messages, as well as at the bottom, as it is now. I believe the regular message boards have it set up that way.

JEStanek
Sep-17-2009, 1:28pm
I think what you want is at the top of the list (in addition to the bottom) is the Page 1 of X feature, right? If so, I can't offer anything but maybe Scott/Dan can.

Jamie

Barbara Shultz
Sep-17-2009, 1:51pm
Yes, that's it! Will wait to see what Scott or Dan can do for us! Thanks! We're loving the social group over at the Song A Week Social Group!

Scott Tichenor
Sep-18-2009, 4:13pm
Just to let all users of the Socials Groups know, this has been added to the navigation. My only concern is wondering if when we do periodic upgrades if that template will be replaced, meaning the navigation will go away.

In addition, I added some mild formatting to the discussions area as I felt the individual comments needed something to distinguish them. They seem to run together a bit.

Barbara Shultz
Sep-18-2009, 9:52pm
Scott, thanks so much! We'll let you know if suddenly, these changes aren't there any more~