PDA

View Full Version : Morphing a Mandolin Player

Randy
Feb-10-2004, 12:06pm
It's finally a sunny day in THE bluegrass state, so the brain has unlocked and spewed out some things that have been locked up too long in the gloom and arranged them in strange ways.
So...What would you get if you crossed a mondolin player with another musician or band? For example:

If you crossed Chris Thile with the old folk group, The New Christy Minstrels, you'd get The New "Christ T." Minstrels.

If you crossed Thile with the alternative group, The Red Hot Chile Peppers, you'd get The Red Hot "Thile" Peppers.

I know it's "Thile," but..what can you cross?

blammo
Feb-10-2004, 12:52pm
Let's see…that 70's mandolin-based classic rock band…

"Thile Dan"

(sounds kinda like you have a speech impediment when you say it)

BenE
Feb-10-2004, 1:12pm
Herb Albert and the Thile-wanna Brass

mandobob
Feb-10-2004, 1:33pm
Cross him with one half of the dou that sang Muskat Love...
Captain and ChrisThile
(no muskrats were harmed in the creation of this pun)

Randy
Feb-10-2004, 2:45pm
You guys are terrific. I can't wait for the home version of this to come out.

Ted Eschliman
Feb-10-2004, 3:44pm
Guess you'd have to be into classical music, but if Aaron Copland could write "Appalachian Spring," why not "Fanfare for the Common Mando?.."
<empty sound of humor vaulting over head of average troller>

mandobob
Feb-10-2004, 4:13pm
Or if he was in the band that recorded "Stuck in the Middle With You" it'd be Stealers Thile.

Randy
Feb-10-2004, 4:14pm
Ted, my wife and I were just talking about that yesterday.
But now back to low-brow humor.
If you take a Canadian singer and a mandolin player...
Thile'n Dion.
(Now I'm lisping.)

Flowerpot
Feb-10-2004, 4:15pm
Or what if Mr Loar had been wed to Mary Kay (of cosmetics fame)... would he have built her a Pink Lloyd?

Randy
Feb-10-2004, 4:26pm
If the leader of "The Rage" was a national security advisor...
Rhondaleeza Rice.

Nik-chick
Feb-10-2004, 4:29pm
An album of mandolin songs for kids: Monroe, Row, Row Your Boat.

Use your mandolin as a tennis raquet: Adam Steffy Graf

I'm stealing this one (slightly modified to fit the topic) from someone on Rhonda Vincent's message board. What do you get if you cross Rhonda Vincent and David Grisman?: Rhondawg

Roads are named after stars all the time, but what if a body of water was named after Mr. Skaggs?: Ricky Lake (That would make a good name for a talkshow host, wouldn't it?)

A mandolin trio of Chris Thile, Butch Baldassari and Dan Tyminski: I don't know, but I sure don't wanna try to spell or pronounce it.

blammo
Feb-10-2004, 5:36pm
Bill Monrolling Stones…"Sympathy for the Devil's Dream"

GaryM
Feb-10-2004, 7:51pm
Maybe Chris could sing that old Jim Reeves tune ..
"I Thile don't want to know"http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

ira
Feb-10-2004, 8:11pm
if he morphed with the whoopi goldberg character in the color purple he could be

miss thile (or would that be mith thile???)

Randy
Feb-11-2004, 12:11pm
If Butch would haved teamed with Freddy Mercury and Gershwin perhaps they would have composed "Baldasarrian Rhapsody in Blue."

Mandodoc
Feb-11-2004, 7:49pm
If you have everything that Mr. Thile has recorded do you have a bad case of ChrisMAS?