PDA

View Full Version : Requiem for missed concerts...

Mandoviol
Sep-15-2009, 2:47pm
Bela Fleck, Edgar Meyer, and Zakir Hussein are coming to my college next month for a concert. I am really excited. :grin: However, I find out today that a really good friend of mine got the last ticket. :disbelief: This makes me sad, if not dolorous. :crying: Now my only chance is to go to the concert hall on opening night and see if I can't get a ticket from someone who cancels. :mad:

So, since many of you here have been musically inclined much longer than I, which concert(s) were you seriously intending to see but, because of bad timing or other circumstances, you were prevented from attending?

catmandu2
Sep-15-2009, 3:05pm
I missed seeing John Coltrane before he died. Elvin's still going strong in his 70s, though, and I got to see him.

BTW, I've seen Zakir several times--the first time with Shakti around 1978, which was an epiphanous experience and really opened me up to acoustic music.

EggerRidgeBoy
Sep-15-2009, 3:12pm
Three times in the past five years or so I have had plans (and at least once tickets) to see Ravi Shankar, but each time circumstances prevented me from attending. Last summer I had tickets to see Earl Scruggs at the Ryman. I had seen Earl many times before but was looking forward to hearing him on the stage where he helped create bluegrass music in 1945 - unfortunately a family illness prevented me from going. About three or four years ago I was planning to see Pete, Peggy, and Mike Seeger perform together at the Library of Congress, but instead had to make an unexpected trip out of town. The list could go on and on...

Mandoviol
Oct-04-2009, 5:52pm
Hey Hey! I just got me an ticket to see Bela, Zakir, and Edgar!