PDA

View Full Version : sixteenth notes and tremolo

John Bertotti
Aug-26-2004, 4:54pm
Well I can tremolo now fairly decent for a newb. What I have discoverd is this, if the majority of the motion comes from my elbow I have decent control except the darn bowl rolls back and forth on my lap or belly if standing. If I use mostly the wrist my speed slows way down but the rolling is gone. I am therefore focusing on speeding up the wrist. Is it possible to speed the wrist motion up to a respectable rate? Bickford talks of the wrist becoming sufficiently lose is this what he his talking of? I have seen others play and it seems like a lot of wrist and elbow combinations but the bowl control seems to rule this out. I am at this point of the opinion that the wrist is what I should focus on. Sound reasonable to you gurus? Thanks John http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif #I'm working for the day I can move like this little guy. HAHA John

vkioulaphides
Aug-27-2004, 4:37pm
That's right, John: All wrist, no elbow (for tremolo). If it feels awfully slow for now, do not despair; try speeding it up little by little but always evenly!

Best of luck.