PDA

View Full Version : Lyon and Healey Question

rigneym
Sep-13-2009, 3:40pm
My I have wonderful sounding Lyon and Healy Style B Mandolin that is missing the tailpiece. I would love to find a replacement tailpiece. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can look? Also, the tuners have been replaced and do not look good. Can anyone suggest tuners that would fit this mandolin and look authentic?

Bill Snyder
Sep-13-2009, 3:52pm
rigneym,
If no one comes up with an answer for you do not take it as them ignoring you. As far as I know there are no authentic looking replacements available except for vintage tuners and tailpiece.
You could post a wanted add in the classifieds and see if anyone has a basket case old mandolin that they are willing to part out. Another place to look is ebay. People sometimes part out old mandolins there.
Good luck with your search.

rigneym
Sep-13-2009, 4:09pm
Thank you for the suggestion. I have posted a wanted ad.

Michael Gowell
Sep-13-2009, 6:15pm
And be prepared to be patient...I searched for an old Gibson pineapple tailpiece cover (pre-1911 or so) for years, until one expert directed me to another who he knew had a spare in his desk. Look for L&H enthusiasts - I think there are several on this board - try searching old threads for L&H, then send a PM to a couple of them about your quest.