PDA

View Full Version : New Silverangels A & F

kyken
Sep-08-2009, 4:15pm
Here's a nice couple coming out of my shop this week, both have big sound.

Dfyngravity
Sep-08-2009, 4:19pm
Top notch as always. And it's amazing how many you are building! Keep it up, I always enjoy seeing your new mandolins as I am sure so does everyone else.

bobbyD
Sep-08-2009, 4:20pm
oh momma. Come to your home sweet baby!!:grin::grin:

Andrew Roberts
Sep-08-2009, 9:26pm
Congrats on your new mandolin, Dylan! It looks great. These pics are definitely going to keep me drooling until I can get my hands on that gorgeous econo sitting next to yours. Thanks for posting these, Ken!

bobbyD
Sep-08-2009, 9:47pm
Thanks Andrew. That econo looks mighty fine too. It's fun seeing them together and knowing there's someone just as anxious to get home to a sweet sounding work of art! Looks like it's time to post the Eastman up on the classifieds!!! :)

Skip Kelley
Sep-09-2009, 10:02am
Ken, What number are up to now! You have to be one of the hardiest working, busiest people that I know of!! Nice mandolins as always brother!!

kyken
Sep-09-2009, 11:35am
That f is # 300. It don't seem like I work much, I just pass through the shop a few times and a mandolin appears there.

Jason Kindall
Sep-09-2009, 1:12pm
Beautiful!

I know that "one of these days" doesn't pay the bills, Ken, but I'll say it anyway.

One of these days...

Skip Kelley
Sep-09-2009, 1:48pm
Wow Ken! You have your "passing" down to an art!! Awesome job!

mandohack
Sep-09-2009, 7:19pm
How does Ken do it? Mandolin elves!

kyken
Sep-11-2009, 6:59pm
here's a few more pics I took a while ago.

kyken
Sep-11-2009, 7:01pm
Last ones.....

bobbyD
Sep-11-2009, 8:47pm
Wow Ken. Thanks so much for the extra pictures. I agree, the distress job looks great. Just enough. It's like you knew just what I wanted. :) I love the pictures you take. They are a work of art themselves. Thanks again!

Jake Wildwood
Sep-11-2009, 10:24pm
Lovely mandolins. The distressing on these isn't so much "distressed" in the holes-in-your-jeans fashion, but nice and subdued... like the "distressing" on turn-of-the-century fiddles (when new).

These ones are really nice. Keep em coming!

bobbyD
Sep-14-2009, 8:44pm
She'll be in my arms tomorrow morning!! Picking her up on my way into work at the post office. I think I know what my lunch break will consist of!! When are you getting yours Andrew?

Mark Walker
Sep-15-2009, 9:14am
As many of you know, in addition to being a top-shelf luthier, Ken is also an artist - in more ways than one! Those mandolin photos and the 'shadowed' effect are just another example of the artistry Ken shares with us every week or two!

JMHO, YMMV!

Andrew Roberts
Sep-16-2009, 6:17pm
Dylan,
I just sent Ken my check this morning and am having the mandolin shipped to me, so I am guessing some time next week she will be living in Nashville with me. I am very excited! How is yours sounding?