PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma area players

talbotpat
Sep-07-2009, 2:19pm
Looking for a group of folks in the Northeastern Oklahoma area to organize a jam or gathering. Let me know if you are in the area and know of any events or would like to participate in a get together.

Pat

OKMike
Sep-07-2009, 9:24pm
Pat,

I'm in Henryetta, don't know of anything existing but I'm new to this. I would be willing to get together sometime. I'm a new player so can't contribute much to a jam, mostly just listen and pick up what I can.

Mike

OKMike
Sep-08-2009, 4:25pm
Pat,

There also was an Oklamando social group but it seems to have disappeared. There is an old time meeting in OK City, as well as a BG concert/ jam each once a month. Let me know if you would like more info.

Chris Willingham
Sep-08-2009, 4:29pm
should be some good jams and certainly great music in claremore this weekend! Anybody else headed that way? Pretty amazing lineup this year.

Tom Mullen
Sep-08-2009, 4:31pm
Yeah...I will be out there Fri and Saturday. I will be looking to do some picking.

NickAlberty
Sep-08-2009, 4:39pm
I'll be playing at Claremore on Saturday for the Bluegrass & Chili Festival. www.claremore.org It's a great festival and it's free. Several big names will be there.

My band, SPRINGSTREET, will be doing two sets on Saturday.

talbotpat
Sep-08-2009, 6:21pm
I almost forgot about the festival in Claremore...I have to be in Chicago later this week, but might be able to make it back for Friday night and Saturday. I just picked up the mandolin a month or so ago...I am pretty green on the instrument, but I've played guitar for 27 years now, and perform a few times a week in a praise and worship setting...currently playing lead and rhythm on electric mostly. Have been leading worship on some Sunday nights and prefer using an acoustic for that. I really dig acoustic music, however, and the mandolin is fueling that fire. It's not helping my guitar playing a whole lot right now though.... :cool: ...need to get my Taylors some more time. :mandosmiley:

Mike Snyder
Sep-08-2009, 10:07pm
Wow, Nick, it's good to hear from you! I thought mebbe you gave up the Cafe. Good for you. I'd like to see a social group for us Oklahoma & south Kansas pickers. Jams are too few and far between up this way. I'll be heading to Winfield for the BIG jam on thursday. Have fun in Claremore, guys, and think about that social group thing. I am hesitant to start one due to a number of factors, but I'd like to keep track of jams in Ok. I'm just up the road from Owasso, and make a few of the Green Country jams each year.

OKMike
Sep-09-2009, 9:00am
Claremore looks great, if weather cooperates. Hope I can make it, but not looking good for the home team.

jimbob
Sep-09-2009, 5:10pm
I'm up at Grand Lake...my wife and I have a little RV and cabin resort on the lake. I have been wanting to start getting some pickers together up here but I've been working out of town until this month. If anyone is interested, you can PM me. I have a nice little clubhouse that would be great.

OKMike
Sep-09-2009, 8:13pm
Jimbob,

So you have some cabins to rent on the lake? If so, that sounds great. Those of us that live aways away could rent from you and not worry about off site lodging. I'm in. Anyone else interested?

Mike

Tom Mullen
Sep-09-2009, 8:22pm
I can jump in, too. Will bring bass and guitar if needed. Sounds like an idea is hatching. I might even bring a B*njo picking buddy along.

OKMike
Sep-09-2009, 8:38pm
Hey guys, I just started an oklahoma social group, join if you would like.

talbotpat
Sep-09-2009, 10:19pm
Sounds interesting...lake cabins are fun in the fall or winter. I have a 32' 2008 Wildcat fifth wheel I could drag up there as well. Looking forward to hearing more if folks continue along that path.

Pat

** Thanks Mike for setting up a group! **

Mike Snyder
Sep-10-2009, 3:57am
Exellent idea, jimbob. That's within driving distance for me. There are lots of pickers in the Rogers/Bentonville area that could make that easily, too. I'm excited.

Scott Schmidt
Sep-10-2009, 10:59pm
I live in Claremore and would be interested in a attending a jam if we can get something together. I'm sure I could round up a few other pickers as well...

I'll be at the festival Friday night and all day Saturday unless the weather doesn't cooperate. Hope to see/meet some of you there!

OKMike
Sep-12-2009, 2:03pm
Looks like I'm missing both days at Claremore. Hope you guys are staying dry. I really wanted to see Skaggs.

Mike

jimbob
Sep-22-2009, 5:18pm
I had to switch computers so I;ve been away for a few days. I'll check out the OK social group. Fall is nice at the lake...

PiginaPen
Feb-23-2010, 8:25pm
I lookin to jam in the Tulsa area. I posted in the social group.

jimbob
Mar-02-2010, 8:45am
We're at Grand Lake...I've been busy with projects this winter so haven't spent much time here...
I have been wanting to get some more focus on promoting picking/ jamming at our place up here. I hope it's not aginst the rules here on the 'cafe, but our RV park is Water's Edge RV and Cabin Resort.
watersedgerv.com
Not sure how to make that a link, but that's our website...Anyhow, we have RV sites, cabins and a clubhouse. I'm not mush of a musical events leader....a pretty mediocre player, but this would be a good place to gather up....Pickers are always welcome !