PDA

View Full Version : Peter Fryefield passed away today

mcgroup53
Sep-06-2009, 11:05am
For those of you who knew him, Peter Fryefield passed away today in Atlanta. Peter was a huge supporter for bluegrass and acoustic music styles and a very good musician who frequently went to Winfield, IMBA, Kamp Kaufman, etc. He owned a number of AMAZING vintage Martins and always was there for anyone else who loves this music. Just needed to share the sad news with those of you on MC who knew him.

Dave McCarty

Amandalyn
Sep-06-2009, 3:40pm
Yes, I just heard the news. Pete was a friend and very sweet person. I just talked to him several weeks ago and he sounded positive, hoping to beat the illness. I'll remember the good times we had picking together. Many don't know he was a Judge here in Jacksonville. He will be sadly missed.
Teri

mcgroup53
Sep-06-2009, 9:25pm
Thanks, Terri. And yes, I misstated that he was from Atlanta when he was, of course, from Jacksonville.

Coy Wylie
Sep-08-2009, 6:13pm
Peter was a good friend and I got to talk with him the week before he passed away. Even then he was considering an instrument trade and telling me about his new mando. His funeral was today and three good friends played in his honor.