PDA

View Full Version : Mando with McClung armrest

astroboy
Sep-03-2009, 5:47pm
Doug at Hill Country String Works (doug@hillcountrystringworks.com) hooked me up with this great armrest for my Breedlove Olympic.

Can't say enough nice things about his service and the final product.

It's a bit more gold than the pics show, and contrasts well with the flamed maple back and sides.

kirksdad
Sep-03-2009, 6:32pm
Looks nice

Doug makes great stuff, he's easy to work with, his pricing is reasonable, and he ships very fast. I find that alot of times I'm playing I forget my Mando has one of his armrests on, that 's the mark of great design......

astroboy
Sep-03-2009, 7:16pm
Looks nice

Doug makes great stuff, he's easy to work with, his pricing is reasonable, and he ships very fast. I find that alot of times I'm playing I forget my Mando has one of his armrests on, that 's the mark of great design......

Agreed. While I'm only a newbie, I think I won't miss the crease the top binding was trying to make in my arm. :)

It's a very nice ergonomic innovation, in my book. And well worth the price.

Jim DeSalvio
Sep-07-2009, 7:02am
I just received a McClung for my Ratcliff econo A. I love this thing. I was never quite comfortable playing any mandolin, but this armrest has taken care of that. It seems to sit at just the right angle. I'm getting another for my Eastman F.

Doug Edwards
Sep-07-2009, 11:38am
Just had to share this one. I get lucky sometimes trying to match the color.
This is Phil's armrest and pickguard on his Eastman.

http://hillcountrystringworks.com/sitebuilder/images/phils-600x450.jpg

Right now I'm in the middle of some down time as my new shop is near completion. I'm busy building some new fixtures and packing up for the move.

Capt. E
Sep-09-2009, 9:43am
Doug is sending me an armrest for my Flatiron N1 (he had not done a Flatiron before), I sent him an outline and he cut it to fit the radius. Couldn't be easier to work with.
Thanks Doug.