PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Pickin' in the MO Bootheel area?

J.C. Bryant
Sep-01-2009, 8:15pm
I'm in Poplar Bluff, MO and would like to connect any jams or pickers in the area.

Leevon DeCourley
Sep-22-2009, 12:58am
I am going to college in Poplar Bluff. Have you been in this area long?

J.C. Bryant
Oct-27-2009, 6:14am
Lee, sorry I haven't gotten back to you. I live over on CR 534 off T highway. I've been through Arab many times. Sounds like you get to play a lot. Are you primarily in a band or do you jam mainly?

Leevon DeCourley
Oct-28-2009, 1:45pm
I work for The Men of the Week out of St. Louis. I just primarly play with them I don't get time for a whole lot of jamming. We are winding down for the year, we have two more festivals next month then we are done until the first of January. Hopefully I will get to do some jamming with some of my friends around here. How long have you been playing?

J.C. Bryant
Oct-28-2009, 10:55pm
Man I've been playing for years and years. I am not much better than I was when I started but I still like playing. I primarily buy, swamp or trade instruments and etc. Sometimes I would like I to see you play. Maybe I already have. I used to go up to the Fisherman's net every weekend but that is ll over now. Anyway, if youi hear of some jams where a fellow doesn't have to be good but could just listen, let met know.

Leevon DeCourley
Oct-29-2009, 12:13am
i used to work that deal up at fishermans net with Jeff Hovis alot. I don't play around here too awful much anymore. We played down in Paragould Arkansas monday night but thats about the last show around here I think we have scheduled. We are booked at a festival up north of Cape in January of 2011 and we sometimes work the festival at arrowhead up by Grassy. I'll be sure and let you know if I hear of any jams sessions. I been wanting to put a good one together sometime I just don't have much time to anymore.

Dusty
Nov-02-2009, 9:17am
J.C., I was in Emminence, Mo. ( about 60 miles west of PB) this past week and played with a group of locals. There is a banjo player there named Roger Smith who is a very good bluegrasser. It's too far from western Ky for me to go regular, but it could be a reasonable trip for you.

J.C. Bryant
Nov-04-2009, 12:24pm
Thanks Dusty, I'll look into it

Leevon DeCourley
Nov-05-2009, 1:39am
I recognize the name but I can't think of who he is. I used to go out to the emenince area quite a bit but havn't been out there in a while. I miss the big festival they used to have out there.

shawnee creek
Nov-06-2009, 9:22am
Roger Smith used to play around Memphis, He retired and returned to Eminence. He plays with a couple of bluegrass bands. In the Eminence, Winona and Ellington areas there are several very good pickers; the Bressler Brothers, Darren Osburn, and Roy Light plus several more. Mike Holmes