PDA

View Full Version : Downloading MP3s

Al Hagensen
Aug-27-2009, 5:56pm
Hi, Imagine I live in a cave,thats how tech.literate I am! Please help me to download music from the cafe to my mp3 player.Most times I just accidentally get things to download:disbelief: PLEASE Help if you can.
Thanks, Al

Jim MacDaniel
Aug-27-2009, 6:31pm
If you are on a Windows machine, the right mouse button is your friend.

1) Find the song you want to download on the MP3 page
2) Right click on its MP3 link under the MP3 page's "MP3 Clip / Recording Title" column
3) In the resulting dialog box, select "Save Target As..."
4) In "Save In..." drop-down box in the resulting window, select the directory on your computer where you would like to save it (e.g., My Documents\My Music)
5) Click the "Save" button

JEStanek
Aug-27-2009, 6:38pm
If you're using a Mac, you may have to truncate the file name to drop the HTML part and save it as songname.mp3. There was a thread on Mac downloading here (http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53062&highlight=download).

Save the files to a specific location on your drive and then import them into (or copy them to) your media folder/iTunes Library.

Jamie

Al Hagensen
Aug-27-2009, 6:45pm
Hey, THANK YOU :grin: The mouse is my friend,Best keep the cat away :))I will download now! Thanks again,Al
:)I always get the answers I need from all you wonderful members,Thanks!

ApK
Oct-29-2009, 1:38pm
Hello
I Need help with downloading torrents on a mac. Its so slow. I probably have to open some ports, and do something with the firewall. I have a D-link router aswell. Can anyone help me with what to to and how to do it PLEASE

Thanks in advance

If a torrent is downloading for you even slowly, then it's likely not a router or firewall issue, or it would most likely not download at all. I could contrive a case where that could be the issue, but I doubt it.

It's far more likely to be the state of the swarm for that torrent at that time. Nothing you can do if the only peer with the piece you need is on a slow connection somewhere far away.
You might also look for optimization tips among the users of your specific torrent client. There's probably a forum somewhere.

EDIT: Here's some general optimiztion tips I found online:
http://torrentfreak.com/speed-up-your-torrents/

ApK

montana
Nov-01-2009, 12:21pm
I have dialup so downloading takes time. Then I am disapointed because the mp3 is only a partial song. Is there any way to list in the mp3 area if the song ia complete or just a snipet on a song?

Norm Buck
Nov-02-2009, 6:49pm
I have dialup so downloading takes time. Then I am disapointed because the mp3 is only a partial song. Is there any way to list in the mp3 area if the song ia complete or just a snipet on a song?

Montana, I just tried to download one and only got a partial mp3 file. Tried again and got the whole file. It may have something to do with the internet connection. I'm on high-speed. I suspect (maybe someone could say for sure) that all the mp3's are complete songs.

I have a different problem... Files are downloaded to a desktop folder. I then open them in I-tunes. The files play well enough, but are in the I-tunes podcast folder rather than in the music folder where I would prefer them to be. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks, Norm

JEStanek
Nov-02-2009, 7:29pm
If you download a full MP3 to your desktop, don't just double click it to play it in I tunes. Rather, use the File>Add File to Library option (or if you download a bunch at once you can File>Add Folder to Library) and path to the file or folder. This will add the song to your iTunes library (it should also copy the file to your ITunes Library folder as well so you can delete it from your desktop).

Jamie

Norm Buck
Nov-02-2009, 7:35pm
Thanks Jamie, I'll try that and report back.

Norm

Norm Buck
Nov-02-2009, 8:05pm
Jamie, that worked, sort of. However, when I deleted the mp3 from my desktop, Itunes could no longer find it. I'm going to try a different tack which is to download the mp3 into a folder within Itunes called (your name here) Will report back.

Norm

JEStanek
Nov-02-2009, 8:16pm
You might need to have a setting that lets iTunes Organize the songs. Sorry. A way to check this is after you import the song to the library, then right click the song and view the properties and look at it's file location.

Jamie

Norm Buck
Nov-02-2009, 9:08pm
arrrrgh.... I just made a detailed response of how I made it work and somehow I got timed out.... what's with that??? Create a folder within Itunes... download the mp3's you want within that folder... there are varying degrees of description within those files so that you have to describe them yourself....