PDA

View Full Version : Request for Tab (TablEdit) - Backwaters (John Reischman)

TheGibsonMando
Aug-20-2009, 2:57pm
Hey everyone! I'm new here and I am really excited to join the community. I have heard a lot of great things. I hope one day I'll be able to contribute as much as I know you do.

I really love the song Backwater by The Tony Rice Unit (John Reischman on mando) but I am having a very difficult time learning it on my own. I know that I'll gain lots of musical knowledge from this piece once I learn it.

I would really appreciate if someone would tab it out on TablEdit. If someone would please help me do this, message me and I will e-mail it to you.

Thank you so much. I am extremely eager to get started.

TheGibsonMando

Bernie Daniel
Aug-20-2009, 11:40pm
Welcome to the Mandolin Cafe -- I don't have anything on this song but if you have a midi (.mid) or a wave (.wav) or even the ABC code for this tune I can make you a TablEdit (.tef) for it. :)

TheGibsonMando
Aug-21-2009, 7:14pm
Thank you so much!

I am trying to upload the file, but it won't let me upload a wma file. If you don't mind pm'ing me your e-mail address, I can send you the backwaters track.

I can't tell you how appreciative I am. I'm extremely excited to learn this tune!

TheGibsonMando

Skip Kelley
Aug-24-2009, 1:45pm
Welcome to the Cafe'! Also try Mandozine.com and put in Reischman in the search for alot of his tabbed out solos.

AlanN
Aug-24-2009, 1:51pm
That is a far-out tune (hey, still in Woodstock mode...), begins with harmonized guitars. It has some of the same moves that John plays on Mobius Mambo, at least the same grooves. *That* solo is expertly noted out (with TAB) by our own John McGann, in an old Mandolin World News, which is available through Dix Bruce.

To my ears, that period of John R.'s playing was very hip and paved the way for his later stylings.