PDA

View Full Version : Rigel Q95 Petit Bouche

trevor
Aug-08-2009, 11:22am
Just added this beauty to my collection.

Jill McAuley
Aug-08-2009, 11:52am
Nice! What's the sound like? A few of them have come up for sale and I've always been tempted.

Cheers,
Jill

trevor
Aug-08-2009, 12:01pm
I've only played it by itself so far. I like to get to know a mandolin before making comparisons but first impressions are between oval and f hole sound, lots more clarity and projection than a typical (?) oval hole mandolin.
More later...

Jim MacDaniel
Aug-08-2009, 2:55pm
Nice acquisition -- I've always loved that Espresso con Panna Q. (Never played one, but always admired them.)

Ted Eschliman
Aug-08-2009, 4:10pm
This was actually my brainchild, a simple idea working with Rigel--put a lap corner on an A+ deluxe, have Pete Langdell carve the inside to sound as close to a Gibson teens, and cover it with a cosmetic panache. I'm kicking myself for letting mine go. They are magnificent instruments. "Tone of the early 20th century, but the feel and stability of 21st century technology."

http://jazzmando.com/rigel_q95.shtml

Peter Mix came up with the idea of twisting the hole in homage to the Petit Bouche hole on gyspsy guitars, but most of them were made with a more traditional oval.

Brandon Flynn
Aug-08-2009, 4:34pm
I love all of Rigel's designs. I'm glad langdell is still making them, though no longer under the name. I hope to acquire one someday...

parker.benjamin
Aug-08-2009, 7:14pm
Very Cool, Trev....I love the gypsy hole...and I am sure it sounds amazing!

The G5 is serving me very very well!!!...I have conversed a bunch with Pete...he is an awesome dude. Hope he keeps building his instruments for a long time....

~Ben

Fliss
Aug-09-2009, 4:49am
Very nice!

Fliss