PDA

View Full Version : My Grandad's Little Wonder

Tim C. Timmons
Aug-03-2009, 11:18am
Have recently inherited my Grandfather's Little Wonder. It hadn't been played since before he passed in the 60's. It sounds wonderful and I am now trying to get my old fingers and hands to toughen up as I am trying to learn to play it.

DougC
Aug-03-2009, 11:37am
That's a real gem there. Do you know what kind of music your grand dad played on it?

Tim C. Timmons
Aug-03-2009, 12:29pm
He was from Scotland and play allot of Scottish music at home. He was in a few bands ( in Rochester, New York) and played drums in military bands and started a fire department band in which he also played drums. I just remember him picking one of his mandolins, banjos or guitar and playing anything we asked him to play. He was also really serious when he played piano. Piano wasn't for fun it was for beauty.

Oops, find myself a little nostalgic..

MANDOLINMYSTER
Aug-03-2009, 12:38pm
Looks very nice, I like the case too. What is also cool is the bridge, I had an old banjolin with a similar aluminum bridge that looked alot like the one on yours. I had thought it was a handmade jobbie, but maybe they were common place. Enjoy it and let it speak again!:)