PDA

View Full Version : Aria Mandolin - Made in Japan - Value?

J-Alan
Aug-19-2004, 2:01pm
Hi All! Just found this great mando site, my thanks to all who post on here.

I have an Aria mandolin, really it's an A style but it does have the what I call "florentine" points coming out of the body on both sides of the neck. The mando is in good condition with the only flaw I can find being a small finish crack (I dont think it goes all the way to the wood) on the neck binding near to where it joins the body. The internal label is in place but I don't remember the model number, and the 'Made in Japan' sticker is in place on back of the headstock.

Is this mando worth anything? it has pretty good sound in my opinion, but I haven't had scores of others to compare it with either.

Feel free to email your comments directly to me at: jeff AT jalancues.com

Thanks in advance!

J. Alan

Tim Saxton
Aug-20-2004, 7:51am
Do you have a model number? Year? Serial number?

This may help.

Tim

J-Alan
Aug-20-2004, 8:16am
Hi Tim,

I do have a model number, it is printed on the inside label. Unfortuneately I don't remember what it says (at work right now) but I will post the info tonight along with some pictures.

I do know that the inside label shows a place for a serial number, but there is not one printed..I thought this was unusual.

Thanks for your reply.

Jeff

J-Alan
Aug-21-2004, 11:10am
Here is one Pic, there is no serial number but the model number is M300-BG

J-Alan
Aug-21-2004, 11:12am
Another pic

J-Alan
Aug-21-2004, 11:13am
last pic... Anyone know if this is worth anything? I'm wanting a nice F style, not sure if I should try to sell this or put it up.

fatt-dad
Aug-22-2004, 8:17pm
I bought one like this recently for around $300.00. I love it, it is well made, plays great and a lot of mandolin for the money. Expecting more than $500.00 for it would be a reach. But it is an all solid wood mandolin and for me a keeper.

fatt-dad