PDA

View Full Version : another econdistressed by Silverangel

kyken
Jul-21-2009, 12:38pm
here's the latest one, spruce top one piece back, oil varnish.

Patrick Sylvest
Jul-21-2009, 4:21pm
Beautiful! I'll take it!!!

D C Blood
Jul-21-2009, 6:00pm
Getting anxious, are we, Cayenne??? :grin:

Skip Kelley
Jul-21-2009, 6:27pm
Sweet!!! That Ken is one busy man!!!

Patrick Sylvest
Jul-21-2009, 8:27pm
:cool: ...all in good time! :cool:

:crying: I mean, Heck yeah!

chasray
Jul-21-2009, 8:48pm
:cool: ...all in good time! :cool:

:crying: I mean, Heck yeah!

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I'm enjoying mine!

Andrew Roberts
Jul-22-2009, 9:50am
Cayenne,
I hope you are enjoying yours as much as I SOON will be enjoying mine!

Patrick Sylvest
Jul-22-2009, 3:08pm
I don't have it in hand quite yet Andrew. Ken's playin' her awhile and looking for trouble spots. I shipped him my case and he'll ship it back full of Silverangel! I oughta be lookin' at under 10 days now. Mebbe I'll have 'er for next Friday's gig.

Andrew Roberts
Jul-29-2009, 11:14am
Cayenne,
I just read in another thread that you are expecting your mandolin very soon. Make sure you keep us updated on how it sounds! Cheers.

kyken
Jul-29-2009, 12:14pm
Hey Andrew, I just strung up the one right before yours, so I'll be getting yours under way real soon.

clintross
Jul-29-2009, 12:23pm
That one looks a lot like mine, except those tuning pegs

Patrick Sylvest
Jul-29-2009, 3:50pm
It's in South Louisiana now, home to Papa! Looks better in person, and sounds beautiful! I'm thrilled!!!

Andrew Roberts
Jul-29-2009, 5:58pm
Awesome, Ken. I'm looking forward to it!

Patrick Sylvest
Aug-08-2009, 8:19pm
This is entirely better than expected. My econodistressed Ratcliff is quickly becoming my number one, 'go to', instrument. I still love my Weber, but this thing has such great tone and note clarity it's tough to beat. Scrolless! So what!? LOL

kyken
Aug-09-2009, 8:55am
Glad it's doing alright... Sometimes they improve within the first weeks or months, but sometimes it's hard to notice. A good will will be less noticible than a not so good one, and sometimes it will happen right while you are playing, like a switch has been turned on. When I put one togetther and first string it up, it will improve drastically in the first few minutes, then it's more gradual. I've had mandos come back after a few years that I wasn't too happy with, to find them killers after that time. Anyway, enjoy!

mandohack
Aug-10-2009, 7:16pm
I have had my econodistressed for a month now. I missed playing it here and there but play it almost everyday for an hour or so. I had the "flip of a switch" experience early on where it seemed louder and bassier all of the sudden. About a week or two ago I noticed that I could hear the top resonating with the A and E strings a lot more, how sweet it is! It was in the back of my mind about breaking this thing in to get the juiciest tone, now it's there as far as I'm concerned. Anything more is just icing on the cake! To be honest, this mandolin is way more than I deserve but I'm so glad I went for it. I also really dig Ken's aesthetic on distressing and how it gives the mandolin a whole other level of character. He seemed to know what I was looking for even better than I did and I really like how it turned out. Thanks again Ken!