PDA

View Full Version : >24 hours till the new mando arrives.

John Bertotti
Jul-16-2009, 8:25pm
How the heck will I sleep tonight!:disbelief:

John Bertotti
Jul-16-2009, 9:26pm
Juat had some hard cider maybe that will get me to bed. Is it normal to keep going into your photo programm to stare at picture of the comeing baby?

Steve-o
Jul-16-2009, 9:35pm
Juat had some hard cider maybe that will get me to bed. Is it normal to keep going into your photo programm to stare at picture of the comeing baby?

Completely normal John. Enjoy the new baby.

guitharsis
Jul-17-2009, 4:59am
VERY pretty John. Love the color, the personal touches - headstock, tuners. It will sound as great as it looks too. Congrats!

Doreen

John Bertotti
Jul-17-2009, 8:04am
Thanks!

Not to confident the package will arrive today. UPS either hasn't updated it's progress or it is still sitting in Commerce Co. Since the 15th.

Oh well that just mesn I will get a lot more work done this weekend finishing a house.

John Bertotti
Jul-17-2009, 6:12pm
It came, it's gorgeous and I already broke two strings. I am not sure which set of strings Bill puts on his mandolins. Dadarrio I have a set of J62 I think they will be ok. Anyone know for sure?

Randolph
Jul-17-2009, 6:23pm
John, You're killing me!:)) My C# was part of the same group, and is still becalmed in NM waiting for a case to arrive so Bill can ship it. :crying: I'm not sure what strings Bill puts on his oval holes, my previous ff holes came with J74's. Of course, part of the fun of getting acquainted with a new mando is trying different string sets. Congratulations on your new mando...enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.:mandosmiley:

John Bertotti
Jul-17-2009, 6:30pm
Randolf I was watching the tracking on this one and as of this morning it has set in Commerce Co since the 15th. I am very surprised it made it here this week. Anything coming here usually takes a solid 7 days. I am going with the J62 strings. I at least know they won't have to much tension. Good luck on the C#.

John Bertotti
Jul-17-2009, 7:24pm
I talked to Bill he uses the 11 16 26 40 set. He ofered to send some but I will just pick them up here. These things happen and Bill will need them for the next batch of mandolins! Now to dig out my 590.