PDA

View Full Version : Mayberry and the F. Wakefield Beauty Salon

Scotti Adams
Jul-13-2009, 9:19am
I was watching The Andy Griffith Show last night and in one scene behind Aunt Bee and Clara was the sign that read F. Wakefield Beauty Salon....thought that was kind cool:grin:

David M.
Jul-13-2009, 9:40am
Man, I still love that show. Which episode? One of my colleagues here at work hates the Andy Griffith show and I can't understand it. But he's a lot younger than I am.

Chris Willingham
Jul-13-2009, 9:45am
The show just speaks to us 'grassers, I think. I'm 27 and have loved the show since I was a kid. Very fond memories of watching it with my grandpa and dad.

Skip Kelley
Jul-13-2009, 10:06am
If they don't like the Andy Griffith show, they can't be a real American! That was the best show ever!!

Gary Hedrick
Jul-13-2009, 10:08am
I'll bet the Frank Wakefield beauty shop uses auto enamel paint for all of its color jobs....perhaps there is an oven for paint curing also.......

Yes Mayberry IS the place to be......loved that show .......

Scotti Adams
Jul-13-2009, 10:45am
It was the episode where Aunt B thought Andy was buying the sweater..or some type of wrap for her...she ended up getting it in the end of the show.

EricL
Jul-13-2009, 11:09am
Mayberry Days is September 24-27 in Mt. Airy, NC. It's Mayberry Meca with stars from the show and so much more. Rodney and Doug Dillard will be there. Anyone else planning to go?

Stephen Cagle
Jul-13-2009, 11:57am
The show just speaks to us 'grassers, I think. I'm 27 and have loved the show since I was a kid. Very fond memories of watching it with my grandpa and dad.

Perhaps my favorite show of all times. Chris I'm with ya buddy, I grew up watching it with my dad. Mama would be in the kitchen cooking dinner with the windows fogged up from the stove. I sure do miss my mama. She passed away 1 year ago June 3rd and I sure do miss her. My dad has every episode on VHS, even the colored one's which I don't think there as good as the old black and whites but it don't matter we still watch them.

Marty Henrickson
Jul-13-2009, 6:07pm
Well, what was Floyd's last name? But I guess he ran a barber shop, not a beauty salon.

Also, The Kentucky Colonels were on the show a couple of times, as well.

Bill Snyder
Jul-13-2009, 6:25pm
Floyd's last name was Lawson.
In addition to the Dillards, Clarence, Eric and Roland White were on two episodes of the show.

Soupy1957
Jul-14-2009, 4:21am
Mt. Airy is a neat place. My wife and I made it a point to stop there. We ate at the diner, toured the jail, and stopped by Andy Griffiths' home where he grew up. The town tries its best to be what folks expect it to be, but remember, .......Andy's character which started out on stage, and then in "No Time For Sergeants," was a ficticious character. He tried to incorporate a little bit of "hickville" into his act, and brought in some expanded characters into his routine, but the town is certainly not as 1940's as he paints it.

The Bluegrass playing with the Darling family (that was their name, right?) was my first introduction to that type of sound, except for the theme song to the Beverly Hillbillies (Flatt & Scruggs, of course).

The "Walton's" and "The Andy Griffith Show" take me to a place I wish I lived in..........a time when admittedly "things were harder," but still...........

MikeEdgerton
Jul-14-2009, 7:26am
Wouldn't it be the F. Wakefield Ugly Salon if Frank had anything to do with it? I don't think he'd miss the opportunity to switch the words.

journeybear
Jul-14-2009, 10:34am
Actually, it would have been the W. Frankfield! :))

mandopete
Jul-15-2009, 8:53am
Uh, uh - Opie could use a haircut!