PDA

View Full Version : Mando's in St. Louis

sboneill
Jul-09-2009, 7:17am
Folks, I am heading to St. Louis today and was wanting to stop in a music shop with some nice mandolins. I won't be there until some time this afternoon. I'm on the road and it may even be tomorrow. I will be in Alton, IL but St. Louis is not far from there. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thx, Scott

John Flynn
Jul-09-2009, 8:16am
You will see the most nice mandolins at Music Folk in Webster Groves. A second choice would be Fazios Music in Ballwin.

Patrick Market
Jul-09-2009, 9:49am
I second the Music Folk suggestion. Great staff. The only down side is that you may have to park a block or two away. (Small price to pay...)

MoBob
Jul-09-2009, 10:29am
Definitely check out Music Folk on Big Bend Blvd, always got some mandos on hand.

man dough nollij
Jul-09-2009, 8:45pm
I second the Music Folk suggestion. Great staff. The only down side is that you may have to park a block or two away. (Small price to pay...)

I've been there a few times and I've never had a hard time finding a parking spot in the back. I wouldn't even try parking in front unless forced to. There is (or was) a really funky, quirky Russian restaurant close by, too.

The folks at Music Folk are great, and they didn't mind that I plinked around on all the mandolins there. Good place for instructional materials, too, if I remember right.

Greg Potter
Jul-11-2009, 10:07am
Last time I was in Musc Folk the had a pretty good Petr Slama mandolin. I can't for the life of me figure out why it has been there so long. He makes great mandos and takes some artistic liberties making them cool to look at as well. If you get a chance, play that one and let me know what you think.