PDA

View Full Version : Altman F5 soundclips

Mark Robertson-Tessi
Jul-08-2009, 1:05pm
As promised, I recorded a few soundclips of my new Altman F5. The files were recorded straight into the computer, no EQ or reverb added, so you can hear the natural sound of the mando. I really love this instrument...! It sounds great through a mic at gigs, too. Crystal clear from the open G to the highest notes, and really sweet.

I have the clips posted as mp3 files on a page at my website:
http://pickpluckmusic.com/mrt/altmansamples.html

Enjoy!

Cheers
Mark R-T

PS. I posted pictures of the mando back in May:
http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51263

Ken_P
Jul-08-2009, 1:27pm
Wow!! What an incredible sound. You've got a good one Mark! Gorgeous playing, too. I love Josefin's Waltz.

Bob Stolkin
Jul-08-2009, 1:32pm
Holy smokes! That sounds amazing, Mark. Man, I love the way englemann sounds on an Altman. Your playing is wonderful, as well.

Curious, what kind of pick(s) are you using?

Doug Edwards
Jul-08-2009, 1:44pm
VERY nice sounding mandolin and great playing too. I've had the opportunity to play several Altman's at Fiddler's Green in Austin. All were great sounding, especially #34.

Mark Robertson-Tessi
Jul-09-2009, 2:00am
Curious, what kind of pick(s) are you using?

It's a Blue Chip, the one with the two different corner shapes on it. Kind of like two picks in one, which is nice.

Cheers
MRT

Rob Powell
Jul-09-2009, 3:29am
That's the sound for sure:grin: Congrats...that one would be a MAS cure for me. Excellent playing as well!

wildpikr
Jul-09-2009, 12:16pm
Beautiful sound from wonderful playing...or is it the other way around? I'd love to hear it live. I'll be in Phoenix around the middle of next month - got any gigs in that area at that time?

I liked Sleepy Hollow; would you have a copy of the music to share?

Thanks!

Mark Robertson-Tessi
Jul-09-2009, 2:16pm
Beautiful sound from wonderful playing...or is it the other way around? I'd love to hear it live. I'll be in Phoenix around the middle of next month - got any gigs in that area at that time?

I liked Sleepy Hollow; would you have a copy of the music to share?

Thanks!

Mike,
No gigs planned in PHX at the moment. If you happen to come down to Tucson, let me know. I'm always up for some picking.

Here's a PDF of the Sleepy Hollow tune in notation and tab.

Cheers
Mark

wildpikr
Jul-09-2009, 4:55pm
Thanks Mark! :mandosmiley:

jealbe49
Jul-12-2009, 11:08am
Thanks for sharing. Great mandolin and great picking...

Mark Robertson-Tessi
Sep-15-2011, 1:39pm
An updated version of Sleepy Hollow with chords, for wildpikr and whoever else may be interested. Enjoy!

Cheers
MRT