PDA

View Full Version : Elderly Instruments

Lee
Feb-09-2004, 2:23pm
I telephoned and got thru to "Tom" for an appraisal of a mandola that I'd purchased used from them 13 years ago. Amazingly, they still had a computer record of the instrument which he accessed by using their old stock number. So, don't throw away those old sales receipts!
Tom acknowledged it was a rare instrument and didn't know the current market price. But he volunteered to call me back long distance after doing some research; which he did. Very helpful and friendly service.

Dave Hicks
Feb-09-2004, 3:40pm
I've been dealing with them for about 20 yrs - never had any problems (other than temptation to spend too much on showroom visits).

mandobob
Feb-09-2004, 4:28pm
Ditto the good vibes; only two bumps in about 17 years of business. They made good on the issue I 'called them on'.
The other (a rare bad attitude) I let slide, we all have bad days! In fact I just called them today about consigning an instrument.

danb
Feb-09-2004, 4:30pm
I was on the phone with them today asking about an instrument they have in stock. Friendly, accurate information came back to me. Also, the funniest, most bizzare hold music I have ever heard in my life.

I think that if they would spit back a total on how many strings & picks I've bought from them over the years, the result would be something I would hate my wife to know.

jcs271
Feb-09-2004, 5:09pm
I had been shopping for the Kaufman 4Hr Bluegrass Workout book. The old version just had notation but the new version has mando and guitar tab. When I asked if they knew "for sure" which version was in stock the girl said hold on, she went and got the book, opened the packaging and checked. It was tab, I bought it. I don't know of any store that would go to that trouble just to sell a music book. I'll be buying there again real soon!

mandocrustacean
Feb-09-2004, 5:19pm
I used to go in there a lot when I lived closer. One time I asked an opinion about a certain CD and the salesperson gladly opened it up and put it in for me to listen to. Wow. Its a great place.

pathfinder
Feb-10-2004, 12:53am
They're the best! #IMHO, they 'talk the talk' and they 'walk the walk'.

Ken
Feb-12-2004, 10:58am
Well I guess I'll put in my 2 cents too, Elderly is my main place, been dealing with them for about 25 years, back when they were in the little basement store on Grand River in East Lansing. Good people.
Ken.

John Zimm
Feb-12-2004, 11:14am
I drove to Elderly from Madison Wisconsin to get my Mk, and was more than happy with the experience. I was awfully tempted to get a fine Weber there, but my Wife was there to keep my spending in check. Next time I'm going alone. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

-John.

deaner
Feb-12-2004, 1:44pm
What I like about them is that they bend over backwards to help you and if they can't help they 100% honest about and that means no wasted time for buyer or seller. Very honest folks from my experience with them.

GTG2001