PDA

View Full Version : my new loar

billkilpatrick
Jun-26-2009, 9:21am
a few days ago, my favorite patron of the arts picked up the mandolin he's giving me in exchange for one of my paintings and sent me this photo of a well known sartorial-splendor-mandolin-vendor holding my mandolin:

mdlorenz
Jun-26-2009, 9:26am
Congrats!

Jay has another loar lying around... , but I'd guess that your name would have to be picasso to trade a painting for that one. :)

MikeEdgerton
Jun-26-2009, 9:47am
I didn't realize that you and Stan were tight Bill.

billkilpatrick
Jun-26-2009, 11:59am
I didn't realize that you and Stan were tight Bill.

i've never met stan - i'm sure it would be a pleasure ("visors down" for those shirts, however.)

no-no ... my PATRON of the ARTS! (godbless'im) picked up the mandolin from stan a few days ago and will bring it to me in about to 2 week's time. i bartered the mandolin in exchange for a painting.

MikeEdgerton
Jun-26-2009, 12:04pm
i've never met stan - i'm sure it would be a pleasure ("visors down" for those shirts, however.)

no-no ... my PATRON of the ARTS! (godbless'im) picked up the mandolin from stan a few days ago and will bring it to me in about to 2 week's time. i bartered the mandolin in exchange for a painting.

Then you are certainly a blessed man.

Stan's a really decent guy and I think he wears those shirts every day.

Are any of your paintings on the web?

billkilpatrick
Jun-26-2009, 12:18pm
i got that impression watching the video tour of "mandolin brothers" that made the rounds here a while back - happy is the man who finds his work.

the painting in question won't look like much in video but i plan to make one anyway, in celebration of the mandolin's arrival and post it to youtube.

what's surprising is that i'm quite calm about the whole thing. i make a lot of noise about it but it's all in fun. time was, a new mandolin would've had me quivering with MAS, for real.

Dan Hoover
Jun-26-2009, 1:12pm
congrats to you bill, i/we, can't wait to see your first video with your new loar...wonder what song it will it be???...a bluegrass tune?? broadway show tune??? maybe shep and the limelight's??? only you know that....but your acting a little too cool about it??? i get the feeling your feet haven't touched the ground in weeks...cheers..

Paul Statman
Jun-28-2009, 8:43pm
Congrats!
Jay has another loar lying around... , but I'd guess that your name would have to be picasso to trade a painting for that one. :)

:disbelief: I wish I could paint well enough to barter my work for a Loar!

Rob Powell
Jun-29-2009, 2:21am
congrats to you bill, i/we, can't wait to see your first video with your new loar...wonder what song it will it be???...a bluegrass tune?? broadway show tune??? maybe shep and the limelight's??? only you know that....but your acting a little too cool about it??? i get the feeling your feet haven't touched the ground in weeks...cheers..

I'm going to suggest that Bill should do a bluegrass tune first. My LM-700 certainly appears to be voiced well for it (to my ears.) Not that you can't play other music with it and I'm sure we'll hear a lot of different genres using it from our "artista in residenza."

Enjoy Bill! IMHO, you are about to receive a highly undervalued instrument. Just because the price tag wasn't enormous doesn't mean it won't run with the big dogs ;)

JEStanek
Jun-29-2009, 7:44am
Hopefully, Bill will be wearing his Café cap in the video of the new The Loar!

Jamie

journeybear
Jun-29-2009, 9:17am
Hmmm? Haven't heard said much-anticipated event (delivery) has occurred. Was thinking Bill should have the cap sent to his patron stateside who could then wear it proudly through customs, while boarding, across the briny deep, through the rolling hills of Tuscany, to Bill's doorstep - seasoning it on the way, distressing it just the right amount, so it will be in peak condition and ready to go upon arrival. :mandosmiley: