PDA

View Full Version : Smiles

hank
Jun-25-2009, 9:29am
Guilty as charged. I plead ignorance. Anyone having trouble with their smiles posting as text? I know enough about this to feel no remorse in disclosing the blatant dangers of putting a computer in front of me. As another blathering message board subscriber in need of adult supervision is there a font master among you? ;)

JeffD
Jun-25-2009, 9:32am
Guilty as charged. I plead ignorance. Anyone having trouble with their smiles posting as text? I know enough about this to feel no remorse in disclosing the blatant dangers of putting a computer in front of me. As another blathering message board subscriber in need of adult supervision is there a font master among you? ;)

I try to make sure there is a blank space before and after. That seems to help. :)

hank
Jun-25-2009, 9:57am
I see that now that my message has posted the smile is not in text. When I write my message the smile is in text. I noticed on some other messages the same text as opposed to smiles so I assumed if it was text when I wrote it would post as text. :) :) :)

hank
Jun-25-2009, 10:01am
Like I said Blatant Danger. Problem solved. :grin:

MikeEdgerton
Jun-25-2009, 10:03am
Mine appear to be right now even without the space:confused:

journeybear
Jun-25-2009, 11:24am
I try to make sure there is a blank space before and after. That seems to help. :)

I ran into this the first time when I posted a smile inside a parenthesis and it showed up as a laugh. That is, ; ) => ; ) ) As JeffD said, a space between your smiley and the close parenthesis would solve this example. Should you ever have a problem with something like this, click "Edit" - in the edit box you will see the code rather than the smiley, and you can correct - either via cut and paste, delete and add, or just correct the code, if you know what it is. However, the little bit of code gets translated to the image when you preview or save the change. :grin : I mean, :grin: