PDA

View Full Version : June 09 Bethany Jam In CT

Soupy1957
Jun-10-2009, 3:47am
The June date has now been set for the Bethany Jam...........Friday, June 26th.

For those of you who already attend, you know how great this monthly "Jam" really is..........and for those of you who are near mid-state Connecticut who have NOT heard of this event, you can contact me at "soupy1957@yahoo.com" and I will gladly fill you in.

June 26th..........see you there!!

P.S.: Be sure to put "The Bethany Jam" in the Subject line of your e-mail, so that my SPAM filter won't kick it out.

Soupy1957
Jun-12-2009, 3:47am
Thanks for all the private messages with questions about this event........I've seen more and more interest by a number of folks from the Café and that's great to see.

Cya there!!

journeybear
Jun-12-2009, 12:17pm
I used to go to this pretty regularly when I was living in New Haven. It's a pretty haphazard down-home funky gathering, at somebody's house and converted barn about 10 miles north of New Haven. Here's a video a friend and occasional participant told me about. Don't know why the producer called it a festival, 'cause it ain't - it's a potluck and hootenanny. BTW, BMAD stands for Bethany Music And Dance. Some of you may recognize some of the participants - Roger Sprung, and around 3:00 the Archduke of the Dobro, Stacy Phillips, on fiddle. Perhaps Soupy1957 himself is in there somewhere?!?

nQ1EJN8GL78

Soupy1957
Jun-12-2009, 3:20pm
You know, I've often sat along side Roger and played. He's always very sociable and kind, and even was kind enough to compliment my "technique" on the guitar on one of these B.M.A.D. nights.

He told me once that he had helped Pete Seeger build his house (trivia).

If I'm not mistaken, he even invented that stepped string adjuster for the banjo that all the banjo players use to advance and decline their strings for that certain sound.