PDA

View Full Version : Renaming a Social Group?

Daniel Nestlerode
Jun-08-2009, 3:01pm
Hey Scott,
Is it possible to rename a Social Group?
I'm thinking "Mandos of the San Joaquin" is a) too obscure a pun and b) requires potential members to know too much about California geography.
I was thinking of changing it to "California Mandolin Users Group" since the other California based group limits itself to Bluegrass.

Thanks!
Daniel

Mandolincelli
Jun-08-2009, 4:34pm
Makes Sense. I'm 2 counties away and even that seems too far.

Jim MacDaniel
Jun-08-2009, 5:37pm
You'd loose your reference to The Sons of the San Joaquin, but since most people would know whether or not they live in the Central Valley, you could call it "Mandolins of the Central Valley" if you still want to focus on hooking up with others along the 99 corridor.

Scott Tichenor
Jun-08-2009, 5:48pm
Hey Scott,
Is it possible to rename a Social Group?
I'm thinking "Mandos of the San Joaquin" is a) too obscure a pun and b) requires potential members to know too much about California geography.
I was thinking of changing it to "California Mandolin Users Group" since the other California based group limits itself to Bluegrass.

Thanks!
Daniel

Appears group owners don't have the capability to rename their group, although I've confirmed I can change it for you, and would be happy to. When you decide on a final name, let me know. California's a big place so I'm thinking one group covering all of that might be more than needed. After all, California Bluegrass Association by itself is several times larger than IBMA.

Daniel Nestlerode
Jun-09-2009, 12:52pm
I'll put it to the message board and get back to you!
Thanks Scott!

Daniel