PDA

View Full Version : The Little Rogue

Christy
Jun-08-2009, 10:24am
Well, here's my little $50 Rogue. Finding my next mandolin is proving to be a process, so I took the flapping finger rest off, restrung her with light gauge strings, and polished her up. My plan is to play her with glee while Im continue my research.

Chris

D.E.Williams
Jun-08-2009, 10:50am
Kitty wants to know why you're interrupting nap time...

Christy
Jun-08-2009, 11:31am
How right you are.... he's such a brat!

Chris

MrTidy
Jun-08-2009, 11:55am
That was my first mandolin also. I gave it to a friend when I upgraded. He gave it to a friend when he upgraded. That little mandolin is making money for a lot of better manufacturers!

fred d
Jun-08-2009, 11:56am
:)) I bought a Oval hole one and find it's a lot louder tha my much more expensive mandolins with F holesand a blast to play and a that price I'm not affraid to take it anyware best of luck:mandosmiley:

Christy
Jun-08-2009, 4:08pm
I've been keeping it in my classroom, as I am perfectly comfortable with having my students pick it up and try things out on it. When I upgrade, it will have a permanent home in my classroom for use by the children.

Chris

Jim DeSalvio
Jun-08-2009, 5:40pm
Chris,

Great idea to let the kids have a look. Just tell em to leave the tuners alone!

Brandon Flynn
Jun-08-2009, 5:47pm
That was my first mandolin. I had it for three months and upgraded. Pretty good for fifty bucks.

Christy
Jun-08-2009, 7:13pm
Chris,

Great idea to let the kids have a look. Just tell em to leave the tuners alone!

I keep electronic tuners in the classroom; if they mess with the tuners, they have to retune. If they break a string, they have to restring. It takes some time on my part, but they learn a lot about care and maintenance skills that way. I keep guitars, recorders, my mandolin, two small harps, and a Steinway baby grand in my room. They learn right away that these are instruments to be taken care of, and it is amazing what they learn about music.

Chris

Carolyn Hastings
Jun-09-2009, 1:04am
Christy, your classroom sounds great!

Here's my little rogue playing my little Rogue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW00RTGAq1s

skiltrip
Jun-10-2009, 11:44am
I took the pickguard off mine as well (I actually took it off immediately). I like the A-style with no guard look.

ApK
Jun-10-2009, 12:13pm
Christy, your classroom sounds great!

Here's my little rogue playing my little Rogue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW00RTGAq1s

Very cute! He's got a very Dylan-esque delivery and Gene Simmons finish!

ApK