PDA

View Full Version : Aria Pro II

Steven Todd
May-18-2009, 7:27pm
I have a friend trying to sell her late husband's Aria Pro II Fstyle mandolin. It is in very good condition and I need your help identifying and pricing the instrument for her. It is bound all over and has the standard suburst finish. I know nothing about it except it is likely Korean or similar. It was tuned down so I couldn't tell much except the sound it quite bright. I don't know mandolins well but it looks nice. Can you guys shed some light on this so I can advise my friend? I appreciate your help.

Jim MacDaniel
May-18-2009, 7:45pm
Do you have pictures that you can post, including the label inside of the soundhole?

Steven Todd
May-18-2009, 8:08pm
I don't have access to it for now so can't help with pictures. I didn't have my glasses when I inspected it this afternoon so could only see the basic info. I did see the Aria label inside and it had a serial # on it. I'll have to go back and get further info but can't for a while.

mandolinbill1949
May-20-2009, 11:07pm
$800

fatt-dad
May-21-2009, 11:15am
There are several issues of the Aria Pro II. The Made in Japan, solid wood Pro II's (f-style) would be in the range of $700 to $800. The laminated ones significantly less (maybe Korean). I had a solid wood f-style Pro II and sold it for $750 several years ago. I bought an A-style Pro II and it was all laminated, but I paid less than $200.00 for it. Suffers in tone, however. . .

f-d