PDA

View Full Version : New Mandolin

tassiespirit
May-13-2009, 4:01am
Hi everyone, yes I am new to the Mandolin Cafe - although i have sat on the fence for a long time now. I live "Downunder" in the south most state of Tasmania ( where the Tassie Devil comes from). Been play for a little time - a few years; on a Korean Kentucky KM675.
Well, the worst thing happen and the best thing happened all in the same day. The mando I have been play got a bad snap to the neck after I was called away from practising ( no , I forgot to put it away). I can back and I was devastated.
I called up the insurance company and they said it was covered on my policy ( it was listed separately just as a Kentucky mandolin no model), they requested a quote, which I eventually sent them. Well, I just received a new mandolin - a Kentucky KM1000. Wow :disbelief:, was I blown away, it came today, sweat and pretty and very nice indeed.:mandosmiley:

Anyway everyone, hi there I am on for the ride......

D C Blood
May-13-2009, 5:21am
WOW!! Who is your insurance company? :whistling: Oh, and welcome to the Cafe...

JEStanek
May-13-2009, 7:41am
Welcome to the Café. I'm glad things worked out so nicely for you!

Jamie

tassiespirit
May-13-2009, 8:06am
Thanks guys, yes it did. I think someone upstairs was looking after me. I am now looking to improve my playing to warrant the blessing. The fault was mine for not putting the mando away, and letting it get knocked off the table with something very heavy falling on top of it :crying: ( I won't mention anything about my wifes cat though).
Now I have two mandos , one with a very nasty neck problem, still sitting in its case.
I guess now I have to work out if I transfer the Fishman m100 to the new mando or go for something else. I have been through almost all the threads and still chewing it over.

Coffeecup
May-14-2009, 5:04pm
and letting it get knocked off the table with something very heavy falling on top of it :crying: ( I won't mention anything about my wifes cat though).

Has anything heavy fallen on the cat? ;)

Greetings from up here in Australia. :whistling:

tassiespirit
May-15-2009, 4:44am
Hi Coffeecup,
Nah, but almost got him airborn over the Bass Strait but I restrained myself. Plus, the good wife pointed out after wards the benefit of the new mando. I guess it prooved to me, the good idea of having the mando insured. lol Hows the weather up there is the land of sunshine and bananas? Not to mention Bundie Rum!