PDA

View Full Version : Need tab....

Charley wild
May-12-2009, 10:11am
Being new on the board I'm not sure where to post this. I'd like someone to tab a couple of Monroe solos for me. Does anyone on the board do that sort of thing? Thanks.

Fred Keller
May-12-2009, 10:39am
It's possible that some of what you're looking for might be at mandozine (http://www.mandozine.com/music/). I've done a few on my own that I've used for my own education. What are you looking for?

Pete Martin
May-12-2009, 11:43am
John McGann does custom transcriptions. Look him up.

Alex Orr
May-12-2009, 12:08pm
Todd Collins has two books of Monroe tabs, one on instrumentals, one on lead breaks. Butch also co-wrote a book tabbing out everything on the 16 Gems album.

Charley wild
May-12-2009, 3:33pm
Thanks everybody! I'd like "Sugar Coated Love" and the intro to "The First Whippoorwill".
Alex, I have one of Todd's books; "Classic Bluegrass Solos". I wasn't aware that he'd done two. What's the name of the other one, please? Even if it doesn't have either of the two I'm looking for I'd certainly be interested in it!
Pete, is John on the forum?
Fred, I'll check out "Mandozine"
I'm just getting back into mandolin after about a thirty year layoff. I wasn't very good back then so all of this is pretty new to me. I got me a brand new starter mandolin and a couple of books so I'm armed and ready! I'm not ready for Monroe yet but I'm going to be!:)