PDA

View Full Version : Mando and guitar duet

Fliss
May-09-2009, 11:13am
Just wanted to share a little soundclip of my Phil Davidson flat top. This is me playing a duet with Phil Chisnall on guitar, of a little tune I wrote. Hope you like it - I'm also attaching a pic of me with the mando :)

Fliss

John Flynn
May-09-2009, 11:32am
I like it a lot! The tune, the playing and the instrument tone are all very nice. The tune reminds me of something like a Scottish air or an O'Carolan tune, but still very unique and original. Well done.

Fliss
May-10-2009, 12:08pm
Thanks very much, John, that's exactly the feel I was aiming for :)

Fliss

Jake Wildwood
May-10-2009, 2:34pm
Well done!

Lee Callicutt
May-10-2009, 8:38pm
Well, I've tried twice to download this file and it's locked my computer up pretty well both times for some reason, so I'm gonna' surrender without hearing it, but I'm sure it's beautiful, Fliss!:crying:

Fliss
May-11-2009, 12:52am
Thanks Jake!

Lee, I'm sorry the attachment doesn't work for you. It's also on my MySpace site: http://www.myspace.com/flissdavies

Fliss

Lee Callicutt
May-11-2009, 5:45am
Okay, that worked just fine, thanks for the link, Fliss. Yeah that is beautiful. It conveys a real sense of what I call "Celtic Yearning."

Bernie Daniel
May-11-2009, 5:54am
Nice tune -- fine playing. I always wonder how songs get their name! :)

Fliss
May-11-2009, 6:28am
Thanks very much for your kind comments. The title comes from the poem Excelsior (http://www.poetry-love-poems.com/longfellow/excelsior.php) by Longfellow, which is one of my favourite poems. A friend of mine set me a challenge to write a song or tune inspired by it, and this is what I came up with - not in the sense of anything that the words could be sung to, just a tune that's loosely inspired by the rhythms of the poem, and the sense of yearning or searching that it conveys.

Fliss

Patrick Hull
May-11-2009, 9:55am
Very nice and nicely done...

JeffD
May-11-2009, 3:00pm
I like the tone of that mandolin as well.