PDA

View Full Version : New Dudenbostel Website. Huh?

lovethemf5s
May-08-2009, 10:53pm
Interesting that the Cafe home page is announcing a Dudenbostel website. Not long ago Lynn, on the message board, denounced most public communication. In fact he said he was withdrawing from the Cafe. He had no phone number, address or email link. He offered just a you-tube page. I've heard he makes very good instruments but what could prompt this previously incognito person to suddenly go so public?

Lynn Dudenbostel
May-08-2009, 11:17pm
Let's just set the record straight right now before it gets out of hand. I've always had a telephone, address, and e-mail and never denounced public communication. What I DID do was to withdraw from posting for quite a period of time due to personal attacks on this message board where my character and business practices were assaulted (mostly by people who won't even post under their real name). A lot of folks on this board will tell you I'm a pretty accessable guy, probably to the extent that I was spending way too much time on the phone/e-mail to the detriment of my daily work.

I had a web site some years ago, but as the backlog grew, I found it less useful. So, when the domain registration expired, someone overseas grabbed the address and used it to start a web site that carried advertising for music related businesses. I didn't really work at getting it back. A couple of years ago, a good friend registered www.lynndudenbostel.com for me and started building a web site. He first set me up with a MySpace page, not youTube.

The main goal of my new web site is to offer a small presence on the web, and answer some commonly asked questions. The FAQ section addresses issues and myths that have arisen primarily from internet forums. I still find people making statements like "you can't get one of his instruments because he has a 10 year backlog". Well, during this "absence" from the real world, I've been diligently working and now find my backlog down to about 4 years or so. Last thing I want is to come to the end of my list and not have any orders because everyone thinks I'm backlogged to kingdom come! The web site is more "damage control" than anything, from my standpoint.

So there... you know the "rest of the story".

Respectfully,
Lynn Dudenbostel

sunburst
May-08-2009, 11:38pm
Nice looking site, Lynn!

Ivan Kelsall
May-08-2009, 11:44pm
Well put Lynn & thanks for putting us straight.I've not had a look at your new site yet,but as soon as i get off here ... !,
Ivan

Chris Biorkman
May-09-2009, 12:09am
That was pretty rude. He doesn't owe an explanation to anyone. He was unfairly accused of less than acceptable behavior by someone who doesn't even know him. Kudos to Lynn for having integrity and rising above the drama.

SternART
May-09-2009, 12:59am
Mr. Dudenbostel is a very honest, hard working family oriented man......a person, of great integrity and character. I know this from personal experience. I used to own Dude #3 and currently am fortunate enough to have #42. I've worked with several luthiers over the years and consider several of them, including Lynn, to be among my friends. Enough said!

Shelby Eicher
May-09-2009, 4:14am
Lynn is a great guy and an awesome luthier. I played no#1 and wish that I had bought it. Lynn, I'm pleased at your success and hope to have you build me a mandolin soon.
Respectfully,
Shelby Eicher
Education Director/National Fiddler Hall Of Fame

Skip Kelley
May-09-2009, 6:35am
Very nice website, Lynn!

Bill Snyder
May-09-2009, 7:12am
I am very appreciative of Mr. Dudenbostel's participation here. I think it is amazing that he and so many other world class luthiers take their time to answer questions and help other would be builders.
Thank you Lynn. I think you new website is a dandy.

Dale Ludewig
May-09-2009, 7:17am
Nice site Lynn.

Scott Tichenor
May-09-2009, 7:29am
Interesting.

Ten responses from people with real names, all in response to a single anonymous individual looking to stir up trouble and call someone out. Willing to be publicly critical, not enough guts to use a real name. Seen enough of this silly game.