PDA

View Full Version : Text limit in Social Groups?

mandopete
May-07-2009, 10:55am
Say it ain't so Scott...I got the following error message when I tried to post a new discussion:

"The text that you have entered is too long (1296 characters). Please shorten it to 1000 characters long."

If that's true I think it will be a major drawback to these discussions.

Scott Tichenor
May-07-2009, 11:18am
Uh-oh. We wouldn't want that now, would we? Increased to 5K.

Barbara Shultz
May-07-2009, 11:26am
Who knew it would be so easy. Since starting the social groups, when I get that message, I just edit and edit and fret about what to cut out... eventually getting it to 1000 characters! I am pretty WORDY sometimes :))

Thanks for increasing it! Now I can go on and on and on and on!

Barb

mandopete
May-07-2009, 7:00pm
Uh-oh. We wouldn't want that now, would we? Increased to 5K.

5K? Where am I going to put my doctoral thesis on distressed mandolin theory?

:)

Thank you Scott

:whistling:

journeybear
May-07-2009, 9:08pm
Who knew it would be so easy. Since starting the social groups, when I get that message, I just edit and edit and fret about what to cut out... eventually getting it to 1000 characters! I am pretty WORDY sometimes :))

Thanks for increasing it! Now I can go on and on and on and on!

Barb

Hey - didn't stop me, not for a minute. I just copied the last paragraph and pasted into a new window and kept rambling on! Not that that happens very often. After all, I am known for the brevity of my messages. I have that rare ability of being able to say what I want with very few words, never feeling the need to tell all sides of a story from every angle and include every facet that might help illuminate even a tangential aspect. Which reminds me, it's well known that Calvin Coolidge was known as "Silent Cal" because he was a man of few words. Supposedly Dorothy Parker, seated next to him at a dinner, said to him, "Mr. Coolidge, I've made a bet against a fellow who said it was impossible to get more than two words out of you." His famous reply was, "You lose." Which reminds me, one time ... :))