PDA

View Full Version : My Economando by Ken Ratcliff

Jim DeSalvio
May-06-2009, 8:00pm
Just wanted to post some photos of my economando from Ken Ratcliff. I have just now figured out how to post photos, with Jamie's help.

chasray
May-06-2009, 9:05pm
congratulations - and thanks for sharing some pics.
Let's see the back!

Andrew Roberts
May-06-2009, 9:18pm
Looks great Jim! That Orrico tailpiece on the dark burst gives it such a classy look. I am guessing that is cedar on the top?

Jim DeSalvio
May-07-2009, 6:34am
Andrew,

Not cedar, but it sure looks like it. Ken told me it is European spruce.

Jim

Skip Kelley
May-07-2009, 9:51am
Jim, Congratulations! Ken sure knows how to build a great mandolin!

Mark Walker
May-08-2009, 8:41am
Jim - congrats and welcome to the Silver Angel fraternity! Great looking mandolin! You'll be happy with it.

Did Ken install the strap peg down near the base of the neck? Don't see too many mandolins with them there, though that's where I would personally prefer it to be with an A-style!

Enjoy! :)

Satchel
May-08-2009, 9:16am
Congrats! Ken builds top notch mandolins and is a first class guy as well! Enjoy your new mando!

Jim DeSalvio
May-08-2009, 10:54am
Mark,

I asked Ken to install the strap button in that location. Works well for me with my Sully's strap.

Jim

Jim DeSalvio
May-10-2009, 7:20pm
I took these today, outside. A wonderful day to play outside. And...happy Mother's Day to all you moms!

kyken
May-11-2009, 6:48am
Lookin good Jim, how's it sounding? I've been playing this Fantasma the last few days that I sold for my daughter, I love it. Hate to see it go.

Jim DeSalvio
May-11-2009, 7:14am
Ken,

She is sounding real good! I am not a heavy picker, so I lowered the action a touch, and have been playing away. Nice and "deep" as you say, with great bass and clear, ringing trebles. My plan is to take this one with me for all events. The strap button works out great with my Sully's Strap, and it balances nicely.

Keep up the good work. For anyone thinking of getting one of these...do it!

Tracy Ballinger
May-11-2009, 7:21am
I took these today, outside. A wonderful day to play outside. And...happy Mother's Day to all you moms!

NICE! That back looks like tiger stripes. And I'm lovin' the body-less feet in the top right corner of the picture of the front! :))

Jim DeSalvio
May-11-2009, 8:18am
Tracy,

You have keen eyes! Those feet belong to my 11 year old boy, and he was swinging hard at that moment. I did not even notice that.