PDA

View Full Version : Posting MP3 Files to a Social Group

mandopete
May-05-2009, 9:03am
I understand that to post a picture in a Social Group the picture must be in your album under your profile. Is there a similar process to post an MP3 file within a Social Group discussion?

Scott Tichenor
May-05-2009, 4:37pm
Unfortunately, no solution for posting MP3s to groups. I anticipate this may be an option in the future but can't guarantee when. It's dependent upon the software developers making it available.

mandopete
May-06-2009, 11:13am
Okay, I tried a workaround, but ran into a problem with that too. I tried posting an MP3 file as an attachment in a thread on the message board. My hope was that I could link the message within the Social Group back to the original thread on the Message Board. The file I tried to upload was only 5.4MB, but it never uploaded.

The whole reason for this was an attempt to add a soundclip to the Flatiron Mandolin Social Group.

Scott Tichenor
May-06-2009, 12:42pm
Failure to successfully upload an MP3 to a forum thread is unrelated to Social Groups. The current limit for MP3 uploads was recently increased to 19MB. The act of uploading means a connection from your location in the world to the server which is housed in Texas. Your bandwidth and connection and what it runs into in the process are not under our control. I'd suggest you try again.

mandopete
May-06-2009, 2:22pm
Okay, I tried again and it worked great. Patience is a virtue after all.

Thanks Scott!