PDA

View Full Version : Posting pics to social group?

Marty Henrickson
May-04-2009, 10:00am
I'm trying to post some pics from a photo album on my page to the Heart of Dixie Pickers social group that I created. I followed the instructions by going to the album and choosing "Add to Group", but I keep getting this message:

You must select valid pictures to add to the group.

The first time this happened, I went back and made the album public, but I'm still getting the same message. What do I do?

Marty Henrickson
May-04-2009, 10:31am
Nevermind, I finally opened my eyes and saw the little check boxes. Too simple.:redface:

woodwizard
May-04-2009, 10:39am
Nevermind, I finally opened my eyes and saw the little check boxes. Too simple.:redface:

Don't feel bad. I sent Scott an email trying to figure out how to become a member of a social group only to figure it out before I got Scott's very quick responce of instructions. I felt pretty silly having to ask.

Marty Henrickson
May-04-2009, 7:33pm
Don't feel bad. I sent Scott an email trying to figure out how to become a member of a social group only to figure it out before I got Scott's very quick responce of instructions. I felt pretty silly having to ask.
Well, it took me half an hour, but at least I didn't give up!:grin:

This is such a well put-together site, I guess I'm just used to things being more complicated;)

wildpikr
May-20-2009, 8:47am
Do I have to create an album under my profile to attach pictures to a post in the social group? I have them on my PC but the 'insert image' button asks for a URL. Since I don't have a website or anything like that, I'm confused. Help, Mr. Wizard!

MikeEdgerton
May-20-2009, 9:22am
Create the album under your user CP.

Barbara Shultz
May-20-2009, 10:38am
Here's what I've discovered. If you want to put your pictures in the social group section for photos, you do it by creating an album in you USER CP, and then you click 'add to group', and it will appear in the photos section of your social group.

If you are wanting to have the image show up in your message in the social group; I tested it to see if trying to get the image in your album to show up in your message, by using the 'insert image' and pasting the URL of the image in your album, and it didn't work.

Here's what I do when I want an image to show up IN a message. Go to www.photobucket.com, and open a free account. Upload your image to it. Then, go to the 'share' tab under your newly uploaded pic, and get the code for the image. Copy that, and then paste it in the pop up box that asks you for the url of your image. It will show up in your social group message then!

BArb

wildpikr
May-20-2009, 11:50am
Thanks Mike and Barbara!