PDA

View Full Version : Tornados

Greg Sheik
Apr-28-2009, 7:04pm
Wow the tornados missed me this last weekend in N'West Oklahoma! Two days of them. Tell me if I am sick: my gear that I had ready to take to the cellar was 2 bottles of water, medications, a flashlight, a raincoat, a pistol, and my mandolin.

Just asking, Greg

p.s. I hope the guitar isn't mad.

Sandy Beckler
Apr-28-2009, 7:13pm
I always said them's smart people in Oklahoma....;)

Sandy

Bertram Henze
Apr-29-2009, 2:52am
That would have qualified for the suggestion made in the "Whiskey before Breakfast Challenge" thread to post videos of "playing mandolins in dangerous places". There even could have been some extra hazard using that pistol...

Bertram

D C Blood
Apr-29-2009, 12:46pm
Guitars and mandolin are the first things we carry to the shelter...

Youda
Apr-29-2009, 12:56pm
Yikes! I live in tornado alley, too. I would just add: the dog and my laptop! Glad you're safe!

woodwizard
Apr-29-2009, 1:21pm
My wife and I were driving home from the fitness center the day before yesterday and I noticed it was really black north to the left and mentioned to my wife that it sure was raining hard over there. The next day I found out it was a little F-0 tornado that just missed us. Twisted and snapped some pretty good size Oak trees as well as messing up roofs of some barns and chicken houses not to mention a friend of mines roof shingle damage. It's tornado season here in Arkansas too.

PS ...My basement is my storm shelter .... as well as my music room where all my goodies are.

Eddie Sheehy
Apr-29-2009, 1:43pm
You get no warning with earthquakes... I keep them on display so I get one last fond look....

CES
Apr-29-2009, 2:07pm
Glad you're safe!! FWIW, your list is very similar to what mine would have been!! (I probably would have added a fermented something or other of a high proof number...you know, just in case any wounds needed cleaning :grin:

Used to live on the East Coast...at least with hurricanes you get a couple weeks worth of warning (ie, if you don't get your @$# outta there, it's your own dang fault...we ran from 4 hurricanes and a bad tropical storm in the 7 years we lived there...fortunately none actually hit hard)...tornados scare me, though...unless you're really tuned in (and sometimes even if you are) there's just not much warning...

Scotti Adams
Apr-29-2009, 2:12pm
I lived thru this one and many more in my hometown of Xenia, Ohio http://www.xeniatornado.com/

Sandy Beckler
Apr-30-2009, 12:36am
Hey Greg,
Were you playing "Oklahoma Twister"??

Sandy:disbelief: