PDA

View Full Version : "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms"

Rod Freeland
Apr-27-2009, 12:23am
I sometimes take a few detours and don't get back soon enough to the main list of 'New Posts' and get this message: "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms." Seems like the forum software is too restrictive, not allowing one to dilly-dally before getting back to the business of reading new posts. On getting this message, I must start a new search of 'New Posts'. Any workaround? :(

MikeEdgerton
Apr-27-2009, 10:08am
Go to Quick Links, Today's Posts.

Scott Tichenor
Apr-27-2009, 2:23pm
I sometimes take a few detours and don't get back soon enough to the main list of 'New Posts' and get this message: "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms." Seems like the forum software is too restrictive, not allowing one to dilly-dally before getting back to the business of reading new posts. On getting this message, I must start a new search of 'New Posts'. Any workaround? :(

I'm not ready to cave in that fast. Sorry, Mike :).

Rod, what are you doing to get that message? Suspect I use this as much as anyone and have never seen that. Can you detail what you're doing, how long you're doing it, what you're clicking on, if you're refreshing the page or something? If the issue is the board then we should be able to replicate what you're doing. Thanks.