PDA

View Full Version : New to Me - Eastman 615

Todd W
Apr-23-2009, 6:07pm
This is my 2005 Eastman 615. I already had a Morgan Monroe MM-200 and I enjoy it but this Eastman is definately an improvement. It's alot louder and plays some better. The MM is the blonde finish and is beautiful and unique. The Eastman is not the typical sunburst, it's the darker color, I think they call it the Classic and is absolutely beautiful. It ought to last me many years, or until I get a Collings (like that'll ever happen).

JEStanek
Apr-23-2009, 8:09pm
Todd, Welcome to the Café and enjoy your new mandolin. It's got some cool figure on the back. That is the Eastman Classic finish color. Pick on!

Jamie

Jason Kessler
Apr-24-2009, 8:47am
I've got its brother, a 614, same finish. Couldn't be happier.

pickloser
Apr-24-2009, 9:17am
Congratulations! That's a fine mandolin. The more you play it, the better you both will sound. When you say it "plays some better," it makes me think that maybe you should have it set up. Eastman's are easy players when set up well. Also, mine sounded very nice with JM11s from jazzmando.com, and those strings made it even easier on the fingers.

I hope you enjoy the heck out of it.

300win
Apr-24-2009, 9:22am
Todd, don't give up hope on the Collings. It took me over 40 years to finally get a Gibson. In all my life of picking I never had but one other mandolin that was decent, the rest of them pretty much played and sounded like a 2x4, with man killing actions, but they did help me develop a strong left hand. Hope you can get the mandolin you want someday. I've got an A-9, and am planning on getting a F within the next year or so, but the A is not going anywhere.