View Full Version : resize pictures

Howard Morris
Apr-21-2009, 10:40am
I have redone my computer and lost how too resize photos
I hope some one can help me
thanks Howard

Eddie Sheehy
Apr-21-2009, 10:54am
I open the pic with Microsoft Office Picture Manager, Edit the pic, choose RESIZE...

Bill Snyder
Apr-21-2009, 11:59am
Howard what software do you have available to you?

Howard Morris
Apr-21-2009, 1:00pm
It doesn't work going into Microsoft. There's a prompt comes up saying I have to have a CD # which I don't have. Also, I don't have any software available other than Windows XP. Before, I could go in and hoover on a picture and right click and resize. Now it's gone. What should I do to be able to resize again? Thanks.

AW Meyer
Apr-21-2009, 1:20pm
Try this website:
www.resize2mail.com
It's an easy way to edit your pics.

Howard Morris
Apr-21-2009, 6:00pm
Thanks A W
that seems to work
:mandosmiley::mandosmiley::mandosmiley:

journeybear
Apr-26-2009, 5:12pm
Originally Posted by MikeEdgerton
Let's have a lesson in deleting a post. Any message that you post you can delete. You can also edit any message that you post. If you post a test picture then by all means feel free to delete your test picture as well. Take a look at the image below. You'll notice the Delete and the Edit buttons circled in red. You will only see those buttons on messages that you have posted.

Is it safe to assume this is no longer an option? Because I don't see that. Edit, yes; delete, no. Lord knows many times I wish I had - if you know what I mean! :redface:

I also have not yet figured out how to include an image in the body of a post. Nothing big, just smilies that the Café doesn't offer. I've tried a few times to no avail. I'm sure it's something simple, I just haven't tumbled onto it yet. Any help there would be much appreciated.

PS: I'm relocating this from the misc. section, topic: How to post an image in your post - it seemed to be just languishing there. And this doesn't feel like a big enough issue, worth starting a thread over. Hope that's all right.

Scott Tichenor
Apr-26-2009, 9:07pm
You've apparently copied information from the previous version of the forum and the posting guidelines have changed since that time so deletion of posts is no longer an option. If a post really, truly needs to be removed then contact a moderator with that request.

man dough nollij
Apr-26-2009, 9:19pm
I also have not yet figured out how to include an image in the body of a post. Nothing big, just smilies that the Café doesn't offer. I've tried a few times to no avail. I'm sure it's something simple, I just haven't tumbled onto it yet. Any help there would be much appreciated.

Hey JB,

If the picture resides on your PC, then you use the "Manage Attachments" button below where you write the text of your post. A file browse window will pop up, and you put the location of your photo on there and upload it.

If you want to post an image that is on the web, you can do it this way: go to the website where the desired image is. Right click on it and select "properties", and you will see the actual web address of the image. Copy that address, and hit the "Insert Image" button (looks like a little post card) above the text field.

Hope that helps,

Lee

journeybear
Apr-26-2009, 9:26pm
[QUOTE=Scott Tichenor;659753]You've apparently copied information from the previous version of the forum and the posting guidelines have changed ... QUOTE]

Yep, you're right - the post I was responding to was dated 3/2/2008, not 2009. Oops! :disbelief: Never mind ... :redface:

Or delete! :grin:

journeybear
Apr-26-2009, 9:26pm
Hi Lee

Thanks, but ... what I'm trying to do is include an image right in with the text of a message, rather than in the separate area for images. I've seen people do this but I haven't figured out how yet. This is a really small potatoes issue - basically, I just want to use smilies that aren't in our software, and it's self-defeating for them not to appear where I want them, mixed in with the text.

Pretty noodly, eh? I admit it. :whistling:

Happy belated World Penguin Day, by the way!

man dough nollij
Apr-26-2009, 9:33pm
JB,

If you use the "Insert Image" option, the image will be in your text, like this:

http://tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:EyZLLlZW92_4MM:http://www.cmt.com/shared/media/images/amg_covers/200/drd500/d555/d55536c7rkb.jpg

Then you can put more text after the image. If the image you want to use isn't on the web, I think it's pretty easy to get a free PhotoBucket (or similar) account. Sometimes I just post pix to my blog to do that.

journeybear
Apr-26-2009, 9:54pm
Whee! Fun! Thanks!!! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/ernaehrung/food-smiley-004.gif

man dough nollij
Apr-26-2009, 11:54pm
Hi Lee

Happy belated World Penguin Day, by the way!

I can't believe I missed World Pengie Day (http://penguingeek.wordpress.com/2007/04/25/world-penguin-day/)! (By 2 days, it's already Monday evening here...). I didn't hear a thing about it.

journeybear
Apr-27-2009, 9:08am
I can't believe I missed World Pengie Day (http://penguingeek.wordpress.com/2007/04/25/world-penguin-day/)! (By 2 days, it's already Monday evening here...). I didn't hear a thing about it.

I would blame it on Ben. The island moved through time as well as space. ;)

I mentioned this on another thread but I guess you didn't see it. :( Too bad. :crying: Your penance is to slide on the ice on your belly and eat some raw fish. I believe that is the official method of celebration. :grin:

Seriously, though, I find it amazing that this day, year after year, is when penguins start their migration. Not the 24th or the 26th, but April 25th, regardless of climatic conditions. Just like the swallows in Capistrano. I don't know if they're keeping their eyes on the stars or sun for the cue, or if they just wake up one day and realize it's the day. Either way, it's amazing.