PDA

View Full Version : Blonde Alert

oldwave maker
Aug-06-2004, 3:59pm
He'll have to tell you how it sounds when he gets it next week. 21.5" scale, 14.5" wide body.

oldwave maker
Aug-06-2004, 4:01pm
Carved engelmann top, carved red maple back

oldwave maker
Aug-06-2004, 4:02pm
Tailpiece made for ball end strings

pickinBob
Aug-06-2004, 4:51pm
Ok, excuse me for saying this, but I just about wet myself! That is absolutely drop dead gorgeous!

Adare_Steve
Aug-07-2004, 2:57am
Absolutely stunning looking instrument. No Question!

Steve Power

Michael Lewis
Aug-08-2004, 12:09am
Bill, nice looking stuff. It looks like it might be good for some serious mischief.

steve V. johnson
Aug-08-2004, 6:47pm
Hey Bill,

Great stuff! How did you choose the body depth?

Thanks,

stv

Ken Sager
Aug-09-2004, 10:07am
Thanks for posting the pix Bill. This thing is just too beautiful. This is going to screw up my whole week waiting for it! I'll post a report on how it sounds when I can.

I'd have replied earlier but I just signed on after travelling back from the mando symposium. What a week.

Joy to all,
Ken

Ken Sager
Aug-13-2004, 1:00pm
He'll have to tell you how it sounds when he gets it next week. 21.5" scale, 14.5" wide body.
Ok. I'm trying to think of words to describe the sound of this beautiful instrument. Huge comes to mind, as does rich, deep, warm, complex, and did I say huge?

I absolutely love the 21-1/2" scale length, too. It's incredibly easy to play. Big frets, low action, perfect neck width and string spacing. I also love the string guages Bill chose (13-23-34-47), and his cool tail piece uses ball-end strings so I can build custom sets of bulk guitar strings for it.

I'm truly amazed, and can't wait to give it a serious run for its money this weekend at a 3-day jam session.

Thanks, Bill, for building this terrific instrument for me!

Joy to all,
Ken

Ken Sager
Aug-16-2004, 8:53am
After a long weekend of picking I've concluded that it's even better than I thought. Huge compliments from everybody all weekend. Good looking, great sounding, easy playing.

Bill, you hit a home run with this one.

Thanks again,
Ken

mandomick
Aug-16-2004, 9:35pm
Man that is sooo sweet. Bill gets my vote for the coolest looking sound holes.

I think I know how you feel Ken, I got one of Bill's mandolas (my first) on the 13th, and it too sounds incredible. Enjoy!

BTW, did one of those green lizards crawl out of your case when you opened it?

Ken Sager
Aug-17-2004, 3:33pm
BTW, did one of those green lizards crawl out of your case when you opened it?
No lizards, but that would explain a lot...